The inaugural Shrimp and Grits Charleston, a chef’s competition, was held on Saturday night. The well-attended event drew favorable reviews.
Attendees were able to taste each chefs’ entries, try some local beers and spirits, and rock out to some live music. A portion of the proceeds from the event benefited the Charleston Animal Society.
The winners of the competition are:
- Peoples Choice Award:
- 1st Place: Aaron Lemieux of Vincent Chicco’s/Michael's on the Alley
- 2nd Place: Matthew Niessner of Halls Chophouse
- 3rd Place: Dan Doyle of Poogan's Porch
- 4th Place: Drew Hedlund of Fleet Landing Restaurant & Bar
- Critics Choice Awards
- Best Tasting: Bill Montgomery of Eli's Table
- Most Original: Pierce Bowers of Muse Restaurant & Wine Bar
Photos from the evening can be seen below.