On Sunday, the seven-day celebration will come roaring out of the gates with five separate events - the first of which begins at 10:30 am.
Honestly, all of the events sound like they will be a ton of fun, but I think the Pig Pickin' event at Swig & Swine will be the best. This party caught my eye because it has the most variety - beer, live music, and delicious food.
Don't overlook the Wicked Charleston Beer Pairing at Molly Darcy's. Mark Jones is highly entertaining and certainly knows his Charleston history. He seemingly has countless stories about the Holy City to share.
Here's a look at the first day's schedule:
- 10:30 am - Beer Brunch w/ Graze @ House of Brews (Mt. P)
- For the first official event of Charleston Beer Week, join the culinary crew from Graze as they present a heavy-duty beer brunch at, and in conjunction with, House of Brews. Tickets can be purchased straight from the restaurant - (843) 416-8094.
- 2 pm - Pig Pickin' w/ Natty Greene's @ Swig & Swine (West Ashley)
- From 2 to 5 pm, the parking lot will be roped off for an old-fashioned, whole-hog pig pickin'
- The Muddy Kings will perform
- Raleigh's Natty Greene's Brewing will on-site with their:
- Buckshot Amber Ale
- Southern Pale Ale
- Freedom American IPA
- Liberty “Lexington Style” IPA (Smoked IPA with NC peaches)
- Everything is pay-as-you-go
- 2 pm - 80's Field Day @ The Barrel (Folly Beach)
- 1980s themed Field Day
- 3-legged race, sack race, balloon toss, tug-of-war, etc
- 80's cover band
- 80's attire highly recommended
- 6:30 pm - Wicked Charleston Craft Beer Pairing @ Molly Darcy's (East Bay Street)
- Author Mark Jones talks about Charleston's sordid, beer-soaked history!
- $15 ticket includes two pints of local craft beer paired with a selection of hors d’oeuvres, speaker presentation, and a Charleston Beer Week pint glass
- 8 pm - Carolina Brewery Dinner @ Básico
You can see the week's entire lineup here.