This Monday will be day two of the seven-day celebration that is Charleston Beer Week. If you didn't make it to any of the five events on Sunday, there are six hang-outs scheduled for Monday.
Much like every day of this festival, all of Monday's events sound awesome, but I think the "Even More Local" gathering at Homegrown Brewhouse will be the best. As a Charlestonian how could you pass up the chance to sample so many local beers? Plus, there will be EIGHT collaboration beers released at the party. These will be rare and/or never before brewed drinks!
The "Sexual Chocolate, Bars and More!" event should please anyone who has a sweet tooth. Beer and chocolate pairings? Who wouldn't like that!?
Here’s a look at the Monday’s schedule:
- 5 pm - Allagash Rare Beer Night - Oak Barrel Tavern
- Join the Allagash crew as they unleash a few rarities:
- Evora (first time shown in South Carolina!)
- Red Howes
- A pairing for each beer will also be available from Sushi Ninja
- 5 pm - "Even More Local" Seven-Beer Collaboration Release - Homegrown Brewhouse
- Homegrown Brewhouse are releasing eight different collaboration beers with seven different South Carolina breweries at this event.
- List of Collaborators:
- Freehouse Brewery
- Frothy Beard Brewing: Bearded Brute - Bière de Champagne brewed with Cannonborough Beverage Company, 13%+ ABV
- Holy City Brewing
- Revelry Brewing
- River Dog Brewing
- Thomas Creek Brewery
- Tradesman Brewing
- 6 pm - Charleston Beer - EVO Craft Bakery
- SOLD OUT
- 6 pm - Sexual Chocolate, Bars and More! w/ Sweeteeth & Foothills Brewing - The Brew Cellar
- Wes Gibson from Winston-Salem's Foothills Brewing will be leading patrons through local Sweeteeth Chocolate pairings with an array of Foothills' more sought-after beers!
- The beers include:
- Sexual Chocolate
- Pappy Van Winkle Barrel-Aged Stout
- Jade IPA
- Torch Pilsner
- 6:15 pm - Bendy Brewski Yoga - Palmetto Brewery
- 50 minutes of all-skill-level yoga, followed by 2 pints, paella, King of Pops, and a tour
- Event is limited to 40 tickets and will sell out
- Your ticket will also put your name in the raffle for awesome PRIZES
- Additional beer, popsicles, t-shirts and swag will be available for purchase at the event.
- If tickets do not sell out on-line, they will be available for purchase at the brewery the evening of the event for $28.
- 6:30 pm - East vs. West Beer Dinner - Craftsmen Kitchen & Tap House
- The Craftsmen crew is presenting a classic battle of East Coast vs. West Coast, but in beer dinner form. It's Foothills vs. Coronado
- Four courses, eight beers, everybody wins.
- The menu is below, and beers will be served in a head-to-head format:
- Cured Salmon, Shishito Pepper, Watermelon 2 Ways with Coronado Orange Ave Wit vs. Foothills Torch Pilsnes
- Salt & Pepper Pork Belly, Pineapple Basmati Rice with Coronado Hibiscus IPA vs. FoothillsJade IPA
- Chile & Coffee Rubbed Beef Striploin, Roasted Mushroom Barley with Coronado Barrelmans Brown vs Foothills People’s Porter
- Danish Blue Cheese, Praline, Coffee Jam with Coronado Stupid Stout vs Foothills Bourbon Barrel-Aged Stout
- The IPA Room will feature Coronado's Idiot IPA and Foothills Hoppyum as well.
- Tickets are $45, but tax and tip are not included in your ticket purchase. Contact Craftsmen for more details at (843) 577-9699!
To see the entire Charleston Beer Week schedule, click here.