The inaugural Hogs for the Cause Charleston is less than two weeks away and excitement continues to build. Recently, event organizers added to the anticipation when they announced the schedule of visiting chefs set to appear in the Boss Hog VIP Tent.
The party is a music and food fundraising event that will take place at The Grove at Patriots Point on Saturday, October 4th from 11 am until 10 pm. There are multiple ticket options available, but the "The Local Palate Boss Hog (VIP)" will include the most lavish experience.
The VIP Tent's schedule is as follows:
- Noon - 1:30 pm: Ryan Prewitt, Executive Chef of Pêche in New Orleans. Two James Beard Awards.
- Cured Wahoo with Chiles and Yogurt
- 2 pm - 3:30 pm: Aaron Burgau, Executive Chef of Patois in New Orleans
- Fried Catfish with Boiled Peanut and Celery Slaw
- 4 pm - 5:30 pm: Justin Devillier, Executive Chef of La Petite Grocery. James Beard Award finalist and former Top Chef Contestant
- Crispy Pan Dumplings With Smoked Pork Breast And Cane Syrup
- 6 pm - 7:30 pm: Sean Brock, Executive Chef of McCrady's, Husk, & Minero. James Beard Award winner and current finalist
- Grilled Pork Ribs with Peanuts and Pickled Peaches
For more information on the event and to purchase tickets, visit the official webpage.