Native South Carolinian, former College of Charleston star, and current New York Yankees outfielder Brett Gardner will join Hall of Famer Rich "Goose" Gossage at the Charleston RiverDogs 11th Annual Hot Stove Banquet & Auction on January 30th.
The event will be held at the Charleston Marriott’s Crystal Ballroom. It will begin at 6 pm and tickets are $65 per person (tables of eight with preferred seating are $550). Admission includes dinner, a table gift, autographs, and photo opportunities.
Gardner, a native of Holly Hill, started his career as a walk-on with the College of Charleston baseball team before becaming a three-year starter for the Cougars. On June 30, 2008, he made his MLB debut with the New York Yankees.
Some of Gardner's career accomplishments include:
- MLB: Part of the 2009 World Series Championship team
- MLB: American League's co-leader in stolen bases (2009)
- MLB: American League's leader in triples (2011)
- MLB: Scored the final run in the old Yankee Stadium's history (6/30/08)
- NCAA: All-Southern Conference team (2004)
- NCAA: Third-best batting average in the nation (2005)
- NCAA: Tied for most in the country (2005)
- NCAA: Third-team All-American (2005)
- NCAA: Two-time All-SoCon player
For more information on the Hot Stove Banquet, click here.