After a 16-month break, the Pecha Kucha series will return next month for its 21st installment. The event, which will be held on Friday, March 6th, is being held in conjunction with the BB&T Charleston Wine + Food Festival.
Pecha Kucha is described as "a mix of show-and-tell, open-mic night and happy hour that has become a forum for ideas on all forms of creativity."
Parliament Charleston's Pecha Kucha 21 will be held at a location to be revealed at a later date. Admission is $40 per person.
The scheduled list of speakers includes:
- Emcee: Brooks Reitz – Jack Rudy Cocktail Co., Leon’s Oyster Shop, St. Alban
- Brandon Plyler – Cicerone, The Charleston Beer Exchange
- Amy Robinette – Baker, The Cake Farmer
- Frank Lee – Executive Chef, SNOB
- David Thompson – Founder, David Thompson Architect
- Gillian Zettler – Executive Director, BB&T Charleston Wine + Food
- Rustin Gooden – Founder, Bulls Bay Saltworks
- Martha Zierden – Curator of Historical Archeology, The Charleston Museum
- Michael Shemtov – Owner, Butcher & Bee, The Daily
- Thibaut Fagonde – Filmmaker, Overalls & Aprons
For more information on Pecha Kucha, visit Parliament Charleston’s website here.