On Saturday, February 14th, Mellow Mushroom King Street will bring back its "F-Cupid" Anti-Valentine’s Day Party for the 14th year in a row. This year, the restaurant is encouraging guests to perform an "ex-orcism" to free themselves from the demons of past relationships. The party starts at 10 pm.
Attendees are invited to bring mementos from their exes and prepare to have them destroyed. Love letters and pictures will go into the shredder, while clothes and other items can be put into a donation box. Sound to dark? On the plus side, your past misery will help a charity. Each time a guest speaks of an ex they must donate $1 into one of the F-Cupid jars throughout the restaurant. All money collected will be donated to the American Heart Association.
The party will also include:
- A "Better Without You" photo area
- Props will include life-size bitterness hearts with sayings like “Love Sux” and “Not Yours”
- Live music from Triple Dog Dare
- Attendees can sing their favorite power ballads karaoke-style alongsid the band
- Multiple raffles
- Jars will be placed throughout the bar area for guests to enter their best break up stories, worst pickup lines, and more
- A winner will be chosen from each jar to receive a prize
- Drink specials
- Select $4 beers
- $4 PAMA cocktails
For more information, visit the Facebook event page.