Yesterday, The James Beard Foundation announced the semi-finalists for their 2015 Restaurant and Chef Award categories and, once again, Charleston was well-represented.
Here’s a look at the nominees from the Holy City:
- Outstanding Chef: Sean Brock, Husk
- Outstanding Restaurant: Hominy Grill
- Best New Restaurant: Edmund's Oast
- Outstanding Baker: Lauren Mitterer, Wildflour Pastry
- Outstanding Wine Program:
- Outstanding Service: Charleston Grill
- Best Chef Southeast:
- Jeremiah Bacon, The Macintosh
- Josh Keeler, Two Boroughs Larder
- Jason Stanhope, FIG
- Rising Star Chef: Ari Kolender of Leon's Oyster Shop
The finalists will be announced on Tuesday, March 24th, with the winners being revealed on Monday, May 4th. You can view the entire list of semi-finalists here.