The festival boasts a weekend full of exhibits, demonstrations, experts, and entertainment. Some examples include:
- Lowcountry Dog Magazine’s Cover Model Contest
- Swift Paws Lure Chasing – let your dog race on a lure course for a $10 donation
- Veterinarians, trainers, groomers and pet suppliers
- Nutrition, education, and training tents
- Dog washing station (with a $5 donationRescue groups and adoption centers with adoptable animals
- Children’s activities, including jump castles
- Food, beverages, and beer for sale
- "K9s in Flight" - Frisbee Dogs and Dock Diving (11 am, 1 pm & 3 pm daily). Your dog can dive for a $10 donation.
- Pet Contests - Best Trick, Furriest, Most Loveable, Owner Pet Look-Alike, Face Only a Mother Could Love, Musical Sit, Best Dog Costume
- Canine Good Citizens Test and the Canine Community Test (Saturday only)
- Charleston Kennel Club’s “Meet the Breed” Family Dog Show (Sunday, noon)
- Live music by JamiSun, Sunday from 2 pm - 4 pm
- STARR (Search, Tactics, And Rescue/Recovery) Team Demonstrations
Admission is $8 per person. Children (12 and under), Gold Pass Members, and leashed pets are all free. For more information, visit the official website.
If you'd like to volunteer for this event, call 843-795-4386 or email [email protected].