- Union cancels vote at Boeing South Carolina (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Bond set at $10,000 for Berkeley County superintendent (ABC News 4).
- Names, more info released in officer-involved shooting in Myrtle Beach (News 2).
- Weekend Events, Parties, & Plans: 4/17 – 4/19/15 (HCS).
- Fee to Be Charged for Video of South Carolina Shooting, Publicist Says (New York Times).
- NAACP to DOJ: Investigate 20 years of police-involved shootings in Charleston area (ABC News 4).
- Charleston police finalize body camera policy (Charleston City Paper).
- Proviso allows victims fund to help with police body cameras (ABC News 4).
- Civil rights attorney Malik Shabazz to speak at town hall meeting in Charleston Sunday (Post & Courier).
- Fly to the Lowcountry Wingapalooza on April 24th (HCS).
- Lobsters Top One of the Lowcountry's Most Extravagant Burgers (Eater Charleston).
- HoM Hosts 420 Party this Monday (HCS).
- Lee Lee’s Hot Kitchen Set to Host Mash-Up Dinner with Obstinate Daughter (HCS).
- A new food truck - Captain Blacks Barbecue - is looking for funding (Kickstarter).
- The Evolution of Charleston’s Magnolias’ 25 Years (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Chefs Weigh In on What Makes a Perfect Burger (Eater Charleston).
- Budweiser Clydesdales celebrate anniversary in the Lowcountry (Live 5 News).
- Rays Goaltender Jeff Jakaitis Takes Home 2014-15 ECHL M.V.P. Honors (Live 5 News).
- Hundreds of sailboats arrive in Charleston Harbor (News 2).
- SC supporters set 175-mile river trip for military veterans (ABC News 4).
- First-round NFL draft prospect Vic Beasley suffered loss early in final Clemson season (Post & Courier).
- 28 Days You Say? reForm Studios Offering the TakeDown Challenge (HCS).
- Cane Bay hires former Citadel standout Cliff Washburn as basketball coach (Post & Courier).
- Lindsey Graham presidential bid leaning more likely than not (Post & Courier).
- Senate leader revives borrowing bill; Haley with veto threat (Live 5 News).
- Presidential hopefuls coming to South Carolina Democratic Party’s state convention (Post & Courier).
- West Ashley tree-trimming case heading to court (Post & Courier).
CCSD Teacher of the Year Finalists
- Mary Ashlie Barnes, Oakland Elementary School (News 2).
- Dana Monahan, Hunley Park Elementary School (News 2).
- Amy Ryan, Charles Pinckney Elementary School (News 2).
- Denisse Stanbery, C.E. Williams Middle School (CCSD Schools).
- Emilie Woody, Wando High School (News 2).
- New locations presented for James Island Library (Live 5 News).
- Survey of bike use in Charleston to help planners (News 2).
- Man arrested for murder in St. Stephen (News 2).
- Mount Pleasant Hospital gets 5 stars in patient satisfaction survey (Post & Courier).
- College Named a ‘Green College’ by Princeton Review (CofC).
- St. Stephen death considered a homicide (Post & Courier).
- Cross High School student arrested for having gun on campus (Live 5 News).
- Suspect arrested for James Island bank robbery (News 2).
- What would the real Sgt. Jasper think about his namesake high-density, multiuse development? (Charelston Regional Business Journal).
- BCSD: Nearby police operations put Hanahan school on temporary lockdown (Live 5 News).
- Charleston Animal Society receives dogs recovered from Alabama puppy mill (ABC News 4).
- 66 Shar Peis rescued from Summerville home; 4 arrested (ABC News 4).
- Deputies: Teen accused of trying to run cyclists off road in Greenville County (Live 5 News).
- Man sentenced to 16 years on drug trafficking charges (ABC News 4).
- Columbia Man charged with leaving a child in his car for 30 minutes (Live 5 News).