- SC Gov. declares state of emergency as rains continue across Lowcountry, SC (ABC News 4).
- Roundup of weekend events canceled due to weather (Charleston City Paper).
- Joaquin becomes ‘dangerous Category 4 hurricane’ (ABC News 4).
- Hurricane and rainstorm are locked in a dangerous dance (Live 5 News).
- Photo Gallery (Post & Courier).
- All Charleston County School District schools closed on Friday due to weather (Live 5 News).
- Friday’s high school football games moved due to storms, flooding concerns in Lowcountry (ABC News 4).
- Forest Acres police officer killed in shooting at Richland Mall (Live 5 News).
- Gov. Haley suspends Dorchester County Coroner Chris Nisbet after misconduct indictment (Post & Courier).
- Trial delayed for church shooting suspect (ABC News 4).
- CARTA adds Wi-Fi to all express and main line buses (Live 5 News).
- Lowcountry Street Grocery’s bus hopes to drive out hunger (Charleston City Paper).
- Fish joins the Sunday brunch crowd (Post & Courier).
- Turning Your Restaurant Job Into a Career: Megan Deschaine, Bar Manager of 492 (The EveryGirl).
- Slow Food Charleston Designates October 12-18 “Goatober Week” (HCS).
- Tour Charleston’s First Food Hall Mercantile and Mash (Eater Charleston).
- Restaurant review: The Westendorff serves up satisfying food for any hour (Post & Courier).
- Prohibition and Coast Brewing Co. Team Up for Beer Dinner on 10/8 (HCS).
- Carolima’s is now open (Post & Courier).
- Blondies Bagels & Cafe Brings the Dough to Daniel Island (Eater Charleston).
- Wild Game Dinner Returns to Circa 1886 this November (HCS).
- You can buy your way to front of the line, or drink your way out of it (Post & Courier).
- J.Crew visits Queen Street Grocery … kind of (Charleston City Paper).
- What an oyster shucker thinks you should know (Post & Courier).
- Sandwich Haven Persimmon Cafe to Offer Boozy Beverage Choices (Eater Charleston).
- The Lot is grounded in seasonal, locally sourced ingredients but menu crosses globe (Post & Courier).
- Sean Brock’s Next Cookbook Will Focus on Husk (Eater Charleston).
- Charleston chocolatier turns beans into bars (Post & Courier).
- Wishbone Heritage Farms lays quail, duck, chicken, and goose eggs (Charleston City Paper).
- Hogs for the Cause cancels Saturday event due to weather (Post & Courier).
- Striped napkin love enfolds Charleston restaurants (Post & Courier).
- Two new CBS shows produced in Charleston debut Saturday, feature local actors (Post & Courier).
- Clemson: Saturday’s football game on schedule to be played (ABC News 4).
- Film about South Carolina’s Gullah history picked up by PBS (Post & Courier).
- Casting call for all 10-13 year old boys who wanna star in a major motion picture (Charleston City Paper).
- Vote in The City Paper Music Awards NOW! (HCS).
- Toro y Moi continues to explore new ground with hip-hop-influenced Samantha (Charleston City Paper).
- “Vice Principals” was filming at the downtown Taco Boy on Tuesday.
- Boone Hall Fright Nights Features Four Terrifying Attractions (HCS).
- Get Smart On Art (Yelp Charleston).
- On Wednesday, “Southern Charm” cast members were filming at the Woodhouse Day Spa in Mount Pleasant.
- Who to see at Hogs for the Cause (Charleston City Paper).
- Lambos, Camaros, and Bentleys, oh my! Fireball Run to roll through Lowcountry (ABC News 4).
- Charleston could learn a lot from downtown Greenville (Charleston City Paper).
- Brandi Carlile brings roots, rock energy of latest album “The Firewatcher’s Daughter” to the PAC (Post & Courier).
- In the race for mayor, the candidates are nearly all the same (Charleston City Paper).
- Poll asks South Carolinans about the Confederate flag, other issues (Live 5 News).
- Lt. Gov. McMaster kicks off effort to help seniors with pets (ABC News 4).
- Charleston Rep. Limehouse won’t seek re-election (The State).
- Charleston County School District cutting costs in wake of $18M budget shortfall (ABC News 4).
- Students wear scarlet letters, claiming gender bias in dress code enforcement (Post & Courier).
- CofC to automatically accept top local students (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Board could approve state’s 4th review of Planned Parenthood (ABC News 4).
- The Board of Architectural Review is inherently flawed (Charleston City Paper).
- CPD: Body found in woods behind grocery store (ABC News 4).
- Two teens, 12-year-old arrested after Victoria’s Secret incident in Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Police release bank robbery suspect photo (ABC News 4).
- Police: 16-year-old girl says man tried to abduct her in North Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Charleston region holds up well against competitors in annual economic scorecard (Post & Courier).
- Person hurt when bridge washes out in Spartanburg (Live 5 News).
- Quintin’s Close-ups: Romaine Marion-Heyward (HCS).
- Additional suspects sought in shooting death near Moncks Corner (Post & Courier).
- Blotter: Getting trashed, literally (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston to host international journalism conference (Post & Courier).
- Changes coming to Powerball this weekend (News 2).
Piccolo Spoleto Outdoor Art Exhibition Returns to Charleston
The Piccolo Spoleto Outdoor Art Exhibition (PSOAE) will open its 42nd season on Friday, May 28th, running daily through Saturday,...
Point Hope to Host First Free Community Event
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
Spend One Night with Nikki Glaser this October at the Charleston Music Hall
Explore Charleston and Lowcountry Hospitality Association to Host Hospitality & Tourism Hiring Event
Lowcountry Action Committee Co-Sponsors May Program Series #HandsOffEastSide
Wishes in Bloom Invites Community to Unique Culinary Event to Raise Funds for Make-A-Wish
Uncategorized4 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
Resources8 years ago
Do You Speak Charleston? Pronunciation Guide
Resources8 years ago
Charity6 years ago
Charleston Nonprofits & Charities
Uncategorized10 months ago
How to Use Instagram For Your Music Career?
Food6 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks