Last update at 12:26 pm on 10/4/15
Here’s the latest regarding the weather/flooding:
- Flooding continues with more record rainfall possible (ABC News 4).
- Charleston Police: “If you believe your safety is in danger call 911, don’t wait.“
- The peninsula is still closed. Only residents and emergency personnel are being allowed into the area.
- Here are the current road closures
- Closings and Cancellations
- Dorchester County is encouraging citizens to stay home so they can continue assessment and rescue missions.
- The county is once again implementing a curfew from 6 pm until 7 am on Monday.
- Charleston County residents with questions about weather conditions can call 843-746-3900
- SC Emergency Management has created a phone line for severe weather questions: 1-866-246-0133
- If you are a Charleston resident and need sand bags, Call 843-724-7367. The sandbags have to be picked up, they will not be delivered.
- CPD: Use caution if you are walking as the rain may have popped off manhole covers.
- Report overflowing manholes by calling 843-727-6800
- Just announced: CARTA is suspending service for the rest of the day. The system is aiming to resume normal service on Monday morning.
- Lowe’s in West Ashley is providing 100 Community Outreach Buckets to the public. The buckets contain gloves, bottles of water, a respirator and trash bags. It is first come first serve. The telephone number for Hall is 843-852-9099. Lowes is located at 3125 Glenn McConnell Parkway.
- All City of Charleston parking garages are open for residents to park in for free during the rain. Cars must be removed by noon on Monday.
- Follow Holy City Sinner on Twitter for the most up-to-date information, pictures of flooding, and more.
- Authorities issue health warnings after flooding causes sewage problems in North area and Sullivan’s Island (Post & Courier).
- Emergency officials: Remain where you are, pray from home (ABC News 4).
- Mount Pleasant Waterworks (MPW) is asking customers to limit toilet flushing, washing laundry, dish washing, and other water use that could contribute to increased flow to the wastewater system.
- The town of Folly Beach is open again.
- Both the Citadel and Northwoods Malls will be closed today.
- Historic rainfall totals reported at Charleston Airport (Live 5 News).
- In search of the best Charleston flooding Internet memes (ABC News 4).
- Why Does Charleston flood so often and so easily? (HCS).
- Enter a rain photo contest (Charleston Currents).
Ohm Radio Announces Farewell to Workshop Party
Charleston’s local radio station, 96.3FM Ohm Radio is hosting a farewell event at Workshop (1503 King Street), on Tuesday, April...
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
Hermosa Jewelry and Brown Fox Coffee Partner for April Artisan Market
Annual North Charleston Arts Fest Set for April 28th to May 2nd
Local nonprofit Going Places to Host Charity Gala on May 15th
Earthly Delights: opening 4/17 at Miller Gallery, Charleston
Local Sailing Club to host a Race to Salute Our Active Military and Veterans
Uncategorized3 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
Charity6 years ago
Charleston Nonprofits & Charities
Resources8 years ago
Do You Speak Charleston? Pronunciation Guide
Resources8 years ago
Uncategorized9 months ago
How to Use Instagram For Your Music Career?
Food6 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks