Last update at 12:26 pm on 10/4/15
Here's the latest regarding the weather/flooding:
- Flooding continues with more record rainfall possible (ABC News 4).
- Charleston Police: "If you believe your safety is in danger call 911, don't wait."
- The peninsula is still closed. Only residents and emergency personnel are being allowed into the area.
- Here are the current road closures
- Closings and Cancellations
- Dorchester County is encouraging citizens to stay home so they can continue assessment and rescue missions.
- The county is once again implementing a curfew from 6 pm until 7 am on Monday.
- Charleston County residents with questions about weather conditions can call 843-746-3900
- SC Emergency Management has created a phone line for severe weather questions: 1-866-246-0133
- If you are a Charleston resident and need sand bags, Call 843-724-7367. The sandbags have to be picked up, they will not be delivered.
- CPD: Use caution if you are walking as the rain may have popped off manhole covers.
- Report overflowing manholes by calling 843-727-6800
- Just announced: CARTA is suspending service for the rest of the day. The system is aiming to resume normal service on Monday morning.
- Lowe’s in West Ashley is providing 100 Community Outreach Buckets to the public. The buckets contain gloves, bottles of water, a respirator and trash bags. It is first come first serve. The telephone number for Hall is 843-852-9099. Lowes is located at 3125 Glenn McConnell Parkway.
- All City of Charleston parking garages are open for residents to park in for free during the rain. Cars must be removed by noon on Monday.
- Follow Holy City Sinner on Twitter for the most up-to-date information, pictures of flooding, and more.
- Authorities issue health warnings after flooding causes sewage problems in North area and Sullivan’s Island (Post & Courier).
- Emergency officials: Remain where you are, pray from home (ABC News 4).
- Mount Pleasant Waterworks (MPW) is asking customers to limit toilet flushing, washing laundry, dish washing, and other water use that could contribute to increased flow to the wastewater system.
- The town of Folly Beach is open again.
- Both the Citadel and Northwoods Malls will be closed today.
- Historic rainfall totals reported at Charleston Airport (Live 5 News).
- In search of the best Charleston flooding Internet memes (ABC News 4).
- Why Does Charleston flood so often and so easily? (HCS).
- Enter a rain photo contest (Charleston Currents).