HOW TO HELP
- harborGood: A network to help match people who need assistance with those willing to help.
- Central Carolina Community Fund: 100% of all donations goes to Midlands flood relief organizations. Be sure to note “#SCFlood” on the form.
- SC’s minor league baseball teams launch GoFundMe page with $10,000 for flood victims (ABC News 4).
- SC Gov: Death toll from flooding rises to 16, next 48 hours is critical (ABC News 4).
- Governor predicts days ahead will be volatile (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Historic, 1,000-year flood ‘like nothing South Carolina has ever seen’ (Post & Courier).
- Video, photos give better look at Lowcountry flooding (Live 5 News).
- Crews rescue more than 50 from North Charleston neighborhood (ABC News 4).
- Many victims now turn to paying for flood damage with city’s help (ABC News 4).
- Business owners, individuals can apply now for federal aid (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- NOW WHAT? Important phone numbers, info you’ll need (Live 5 News).
- State: Beware of scam artists in wake of disaster (Post & Courier).
- Officials: 18 dams being monitored, 9 breached, 1 intentionally breached (News 2).
- Roads crumbling under strain of floodwaters (ABC News 4).
- Relief efforts kick in: Water Missions sends water purification systems to Columbia (ABC News 4).
- ‘Flood Gawkers’ make bad situation, even worse (News 2).
- Summerville neighborhood’s residents watch river’s floodwater fill streets, property (ABC News 4).
- West Ashley church destroyed by floodwaters (Live 5 News).
- Neighbors turn trucks to ferries to get people across flooded road in Berkeley County (ABC News 4).
- Concerns over rising Edisto River, residents urged to evacuate (Live 5 News).
- S.C. Pastor Braves Floodwaters to Save Casket for Grieving Family (NECN).
- Weekend’s historic rains will continue to plague trees for weeks, even years (Post & Courier).
- Berkeley County Rescue Squad saves fellow squad member (News 2).
- Boy, 12, makes the most of flooded neighborhood with front porch fishing (ABC News 4 ).
- Widow of fallen Forest Acres police officer volunteers at Harvest Hope (Live 5 News).
- Town of Kingstree shut down, isolated by floodwaters of Black River (ABC News 4).
- Flooding a “shipwreck” for area farms (Post & Courier).
- Oyster season closes two days after it began (Charleston City Paper).
- Charitable food events taken down by flooding (Post & Courier).
- Palmetto Brewing to Host Pop Up Dinner with John Lewis (HCS).
- Lotus Vietnamese Cuisine Unlocked the Doors Yesterday: Here’s the Menu (Eater Charleston).
- Poogan’s Porch Returns to Palmetto Brewing for Annual Pig Roast & Bourbon Sip (HCS).
- Ellis Creek puts a contemporary twist on fish camp fare (Post & Courier).
- Leftovers: Tidbits from the Food & Bev Community (HCS).
- Seasonings lacking in normally vibrant Southern-Cajun-Creole culinary mix (Post & Courier).
- Measuring the Charleston storm by the Waffle House Index (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston-Based Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit Is Coming to Atlanta (Eater Charleston).
- No Kid Hungry Dinner, Prohibition Beer Dinner, John Lewis Dinner (Eater Charleston).
- Colbert takes issue after Joaquin gets ‘intimate’ with South Carolina (Charleston City Paper).
- South Carolina ‘not 100 percent sure’ home game against LSU will go on as planned (Post & Courier).
- Carolina Surf Film Festival Returns for 2nd Edition (HCS).
- Charleston’s Bulldog Tours in the Running for Best Ghost Tour in the Country (10 Best).
- That BIG Book Sale Returns on October 9th (HCS).
- Former Charleston Southern walk-on Charles James becomes instant celebrity thanks to HBO’s ‘Hard Knocks’ (Post & Courier).
- Kiawah Island Golf Resort Operational After Historic Rain Event (Kiawah Resort).
- High school football teams back in action (Post & Courier).
- Just Announced: Star-studded Pro-Am Jam & golf tournament; new Rockumentary series at the Grove (Post & Courier).
- Southern Charm Cast Responds to Record-Breaking South Carolina Floods (Bravo).
- Tourists try enjoying Charleston amid stormy weather (Post & Courier).
- You can now stream local band Youth Model’s “Open Season” EP (SoundCloud).
- Spoleto Festival announces production of ‘Porgy and Bess’ (Post & Courier).
- Charleston Art Explosion Scheduled for 10/16 (HCS).
- Matt Monday Confirms Release Date for “Filthy” Album (MattMondayMusic).
- Scorecard backs The Citadel’s legendary networking, flunks Art Institute (Post & Courier).
- ‘Charleston Syllabus’ Events Prompt Discussions on Race (CofC).
- Emanuel AME shooting victim’s husband files lawsuit seeking transparency (Post & Courier).
- Report: North Charleston, Charleston among fastest-growing U.S. economies (Post & Courier).
- Facebook video of man trying to touch dolphins on Folly sparks probe (Post & Courier).
- Bad Bitches Scholarship Application (Google Docs).
- The Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum’s education department needs help in their search for local veterans who served in the Korean War Battle of Chosin Reservoir. They are currently researching the battle for a symposium that will be held on December 3rd. Veterans who are willing to participate in the event are asked to call 843.216.5034 or email [email protected].
- Volvo promises to invest $1B in South Carolina by 2030 (Live 5 News).
- BoomTown to move offices to bigger space on Charleston peninsula (Post & Courier).
- US forecast calls for lower heating bills this winter (Live 5 News).
WestEdge Day Set for May 22nd
WestEdge will host “WestEdge Day” on Saturday, May 22nd from noon to 4 pm at 22 WestEdge Street (across from...
The Philos Project Continues the “Conversation on Race” in Charleston
Florence’s Lowcountry Kitchen to host Paint Your Pet Party
Dashi to Host Charcuterie Class on May 22
Home Team BBQ Joins Operation Home in Hosting 11th Annual Gimme Shelter Event on May 20th
Mentoring Program Continues to Celebrate Its Members for Being Gentlemen
Join the Charleston Parks Conservancy for a Picnic in Hampton Park on May 22
Uncategorized4 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
Resources8 years ago
Do You Speak Charleston? Pronunciation Guide
Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
Resources8 years ago
Charity6 years ago
Charleston Nonprofits & Charities
Uncategorized10 months ago
How to Use Instagram For Your Music Career?
Food6 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks