Tomorrow, the Palmetto Brewing Company will celebrate the release of a new, limited-edition beer called Althea. The Special Bottle Release Show will take place from 7 t0 10 pm at the brewery's Huger Street headquarters.
Althea is a Russian Imperial Stout brewed with three strains of yeast, aged in select Buffalo Trace bourbon barrels for six months, and bottle conditioned (naturally carbonated). The beer represents many “firsts” Palmetto:
- First large format 22-oz. bottle release
- First barrel-aged beer
- First time bottle conditioning
As for the release event, here are some other details:
- There will be a limit of two bottle purchaes per customer
- Bottle Giveaway: Each guest will earn a drawing ticket per bottle purchased
- Drawings for a free bottle will take place each hour
- The Reckoning will play a full set of Grateful Dead tunes
- The new beer's name was inspired by The Grateful Dead song, “Althea”
- The band will play the Dead’s August 4, 1979 show in its entirety. It's the show where “Althea” debuted
- Complimentary fare from Graze
For more information, visit the Facebook Event Page.