It was another newsworthy year in Charleston (and by far the biggest year for Holy City Sinner). As we welcome in 2016, let's take a look at the blog's most viewed stories from 2015.
Here's the list, starting with the most viewed story of the year:
Let's call the first entry "1a," because the most viewed story actually came from 2014...
- Charleston Named Top City in U.S.; 2nd Best in the World
- For some reason this post from October 2014 started spreading like wildfire in the middle of 2015 on Facebook. I'm still not entirely sure why that is, but it definitely brought plenty of extra page views to the blog.
Now for the posts that were actually published this year:
- Beach Movie Night is Back at The Tides this Summer
- 2015's most viewed story was the entry featuring The Tides's "Beach Movie Night" schedule. It's safe to say the summer series was quite popular among tourists and locals alike.
- Charleston Flood/Weather Updates
- In October, the state was devastated by massive flood waters. This post included information, news, cancellations, road closures, and more for Charleston residents.
- Meet the “Southern Charm” Season Two Cast
- The most viewed Southern Charm-related story was the entry introducing the show's second season cast. Expect a similar post in 2016 as the third season is currently being filmed.
- Mark Cuban's Yacht is Docked in the City Marina
- In June, the Holy City was buzzing with the news that billionaire Mark Cuban had docked his massive yacht in the City Marina.
- Three-peat: Charleston Once Again Named Top City in U.S.
- Residents were quite excited when Charleston was once again chosen as the “Top City in the United States and Canada” by Travel + Leisure‘s readers.
- Watch Darius Rucker Perform "Amazing Grace" For Charleston Victims
- Two days after the shooting at the Mother Emanuel AME Church, Charleston singer Darius Rucker sang "Amazing Grace" to honor the victims, their families, and the community.
- 2015 Party at the Point Schedule
- Throughout the spring, the Party at the Point concert series continued to be a popular hangout.
- HGTV Seeking Charleston Families for Home Renovation Show
- Charlestonians were excited to hear that HGTV was looking to cast a local family.
- Hootie & the Blowfish Announce 2015 HomeGrown Concert Dates
- Each year, residents anxiously await Hootie's HomeGrown Concert announcement.
- How to Support The Charleston Emanuel AME Church & The Victims' Families
- In the wake of the tragedy at the Mother Emanuel AME Church, people wrong around the world were looking for ways to help. This post provided visitors with the necessary info.