On Friday, March 4th, the Sottile Theatre will host Pecha Kucha 23. The event is being held in conjunction with the BB&T Charleston Wine + Food Festival.
This latest edition of Pecha Kucha will include "an epic lineup of luminaries" that will "wax poetic about all things gastronomic in an intense and highly inspiring presentation."
The scheduled list of speakers includes:
- Emcee: Amy Robinette, Cake Farmer
- Alluette Jones, Alluette’s Cafe
- Justin Buchanan, Red Harbor Rum
- Margaret Seeley Furniss, Caviar & Bananas
- Michael Blake, Teach the Need
- Quintin Middleton, Middleton Made Knives
- Scott Shor, Edmund’s Oast
- Thomas Bowen, Cycles Compost Charleston
- Will Altman, Righteous Ranch
Food will be provided:
- Outta My Huevos
- Roadside Seafood
- Short Grain
Cocktails will mixed by a group of "nationally-acclaimed, award-winning guest mixologists," including:
- Scott Mayer, Infinium Spirits
- Ian Cox, USBG-GA President + RNDC
- William Batson, USBG-BirminghamPresident + The Bar Hops
- Ryan Pines, The Mill, St. Petersburg
- Kaleb Cribb, Holeman & Finch Public House, Atlanta
Craft beers will also be available.
Doors open at 7 pm, while speakers will take the stage around 7:30 pm. Tickets are $40 each and be purchased here.