On Saturday, May 14th, the Mixson Farmers Market will host Honey Do, a springtime fundraiser. Proceeds will benefit the Bee Cause, an organization dedicated to putting observational hives in schools.
The event will include:
- A honey extraction demo
- Jars of honey from the extraction can be taken home with a $15 donation to the Bee Cause
- Chance to meet the beekeepers
- Educational opportunities
- The Heidrun Meadery will be on site with their varietal meads
- A pop-up shop from the Savannah Bee Company
- Lily Peterson of FLOWERSHOP at Mixson will have bee-friendly bouquets
- Kids activities
- Live music from the V-Tones
- Cheese and honey tastings
- Honey-basil margaritas
For more information, click here.