On Sunday, August 28th, the community is invited to celebrate all things Jamaica at the South Carolina Reggae Jerk & Wine Festival at Magnolia Plantation and Gardens. The event will run from noon until 7:30 pm.
Attendees will enjoy:
- JERK foods and other Jamaican dishes including Jamaican oxtails
- Complimentary jerk samples provided by Caribbean Rootz' visiting chef
- Wine and cooking demonstrations presented by a Jamaican Chef
- Wine samples
- Complimentary wine glass
- Special pricing on featured wines at the retail tent
- Scenic video of Jamaican sites in the Magnolia theatre
- Meet and Greet with Tamara Christie from the Jamaica Tourist Board
- Hair Showcase by Paul Mitchell Hair School
- Dominoes tournament
- Jamaican Ludo game
- Live concert performances
- Arts and Craft gift options for purchase
- Complimentary tour of the Magnolia Garden.
A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Healthy Lifestyle Network. Representatives will also be collecting school supplies, soccer balls (sizes 3 & 4), shin guards, art & crafts, cotton fabric, and hand quilting thread.
Tickets are $25 if purchased in advance. Designated Drivers get in for $15. Tickets may be purchased here.
For more information, visit the official website.