As you can imagine, Holy City Sinner gets inundated with press releases and information - especially from the food and beverage community. I created the "Leftovers" series to ensure I could share as much food and bev news as possible.
- From August 1st to August 8th, the downtown Mellow Mushroom (King Street) will host a School Supply Fundraiser benefiting First Day Festival. If you bring in new/packaged school supplies, you'll get Mellow Coupons & Trivia Points. Click here for more information.
- Cru Café and Catering has announced the promotion of chef Erin Guilfoyle to Chef De Cuisine. Chef Guilfoyle joined Cru Café and Catering in 2007.
- The Macintosh's next Pig Pickin' event is scheduled for Tuesday, August 23rd. The event will include a picnic style pig roast, beer from Seminar Brewing, and live music. Click here for more details.
The winners of the Limehouse Produce Heirloom Tomato Trek were:
Best Dish Winner: Feathertop Kitchen & Coffee Bar with their Heirloom Tomatoes dish
People’s Choice Winner: High Cotton with their Heirloom Caprese Salad
- Jekyll Brewing, based in Alpharetta, Georgia, announced that Seven Bridges Oktoberfest, a Märzen style beer fermented with German lager yeast, will be available in package and on tap in select markets in South Carolina from mid-August through October 2016.
- On Sunday, October 9th, Steve Palmer, Jeremiah Bacon, and Mickey Bakst invite you to join them for this year’s Dining for a Cause: A Benefit for Feed The Need, a local organization committed to helping eliminate some of the economic burden that area soup kitchens and shelters face. The event will include a silent auction, cocktail reception, dinner with chef teams creating a multi-course dinner complete with wine pairings. Confirmed chefs for the dinner include:
• Jeremiah Bacon, The Macintosh and Oak Steakhouse
• Jacques Larson, Wild Olive
• Doug Blair, Kiawah Island Club
• Patrick Owens, Opal/ Langdon’s
• Robert Stehling, Hominy Grill
• Kevin Johnson, The Grocery
• Craig Deihl, Cypress
• Graham Dailey, Peninsula Grill
• Marc Collins, Circa 1886
• Jason Stanhope, FIG
• Michelle Weaver, Charleston Grille
• Chris Stewart, The Glass Onion
• Kevin Getzewich, Indaco
• Tommy Hall, Hall’s Chophouse
• Michael Scognamiglio, Bacco Italian Restaurant
• Brannon Florie, The Granary
• Reid Henninger, Edmund’s Oast
• Ben Berryhill, Red Drum Restaurant
• Nico Romo, Fish
• Amalia Scatena, Cannon Green
Click here for more information.