- T&L: Charleston is the Best U.S. City for Culture (HCS).
- Feds: ‘Self-radicalized’ before attack, Dylann Roof penned another manifesto in jail (Post & Courier).
- Manatee death reported in Awendaw; Officials discussing protection efforts (ABC News 4).
- Officials: West Nile found on Joint Base Charleston (ABC News 4).
- Slager defense wants solicitor to provide character evidence before October trial (ABC News 4).
- Insurer to pay $380,000 to settle Taser lawsuit against North Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Community raises more than $3,000 for local, independent video journalist (Post & Courier).
- Charleston Restaurant Week Returns Next Month (HCS).
- Alton Brown Visits Charleston, Eats All the Things (Eater Charleston).
- The Original King Street Grille is Closing on 8/28 (HCS).
- Pig Roast & Bourbon Sip Returns in November (HCS).
- Pawpaw Exposes Fried Chicken Recipe Testing (Eater Charleston).
- PHOTOS: See what you missed at the inaugural Charleston Margarita Festival (Charleston City Paper).
- Could Carolina Gold be the answer to West Africa’s rice woes? (Post & Courier).
- Big Billy's Burger Joint & The Noisy Oyster Launch "Big, Noisy Family" Loyalty Program (HCS).
- Immortal Lobster competes for breakfast sandwich supremacy (Charleston City Paper).
- BevCon speaker calls for better tea in restaurants (Post & Courier).
- Five Finger Death Punch and Shinedown Tour Stops at Coliseum (HCS).
- TONIGHT: Trump and Clinton face off in RiverDogs' 'Bobblection' (Charleston City Paper).
- CSO's Yuriy Bekker and Andrew Armstrong CD Release Event Scheduled for 8/31 (HCS).
- Southern Women's Show to Visit Lowcountry for the First Time (HCS).
- ‘Do or Die’ exhibit at Halsey showcases new work by Fahamu Pecou (Post & Courier).
- North Charleston police advisory commission faces hurdles (Post & Courier).
- Goose Creek High teacher arrested for relationship with student (News 2).
- Patients seek out-of-state abortions following new ban in South Carolina (Post & Courier).
- Even Mt. Pleasant’s newer residents protest development, as focus shifts to north end of town (Post & Courier).
- Meeting to focus on preventing Ravenel Bridge jumpers (Post & Courier).
- Charleston board to consider plans for new Market St. hotel (Post & Courier).
- Latta police chief, candidate for Dillon County sheriff, temporarily suspended from job (ABC News 4).
- Black and white South Carolinians’ opinions split on police in schools (Post & Courier).
- More than 4k customers without power on Kiawah, Seabrook and Johns Island (Live 5 News).
- Vigil scheduled Wednesday for man fatally shot at James Island playground (News 2).
- Charleston area advocates, leaders seek community support in walk against domestic violence (Post & Courier).
- Parking for Dummies: Do’s and Don’ts for leaving your car downtown (Post & Courier).
- Quintin's Close-Ups: Andy Savage (HCS).
- SeaPak donated $10,000 to save the Morris Island Lighthouse — and you can help, too (Folly Beach).
- Quintin's Close-Ups: Dustin Waters (HCS).
- Investigation continues for teen fatally shot at Goose Creek party (News 2).
- Resort on Charleston barrier island plans new hotel (Post & Courier).
- SC Bar, Live 5 News holding 'Ask-a-Lawyer' phone bank (Live 5 News).
- Missing SC teen found safe, back home with family (News 2).
- Arrest warrant: Mother put newborn in refrigerator for hours, killing him (Live 5 News).
- Summerville woman charged with sexually assaulting 13-year-old girl in Pennsylvania (Post & Courier).