You could argue that the Charleston restaurant industry is always difficult to keep up with, but last week seemed more hectic than normal. Not only were there numerous announcements made, but a few of them were headliner-grabbers.
Here's a quick recap of last week's news:
- Revered Hemingway pitmaster Rodney Scott announced that he will open a BBQ spot 1011 King Street (the former home of Chick’s Fry House).
- You can get more info from the Post & Courier here.
- You can also read this interview Scott did with Garden & Gun
- After some remodeling and a change in management, Broad Street staple Blind Tiger reopened its doors last Thursday.
- Eater Charleston has the news here.
- After almost a year on King Street, Dell'z Deli is out at the location next to Midtown Bar & Grill. It's being replaced by Pizza King.
- Eater Charleston had the scoop here.
- Nacha Mama's Taqueria will open its second location at the former home of Garcia's Tortilla House (100 Spring Street).
- Details from Eater Charleston are here.
- Menkoi Ramen House, which was located at 41 George Street, closed after two years in business.
- For more info, visit Eater Charleston here.