On Thursday, October 20th, James Beard Award-winning author Brad Thomas Parsons will visit both High Wire Distilling Co. and Edmund’s Oast to celebrate the release of his latest book, Amaro: The Spirited World of Bittersweet, Herbal Liqueurs with Cocktails, Recipes, and Formulas.
Here's a look at each of the events:
- High Wire Distilling
- Noon to 2 pm
- Parsons will lead a Talk and Guided Tasting of at least 8 different amari
- Tickets also include cocktails, small bites, and a signed copy of the book
- More information, and tickets, available here
- Edmund’s Oast
- 6 pm to 9 pm
- "Amaro Power Hour"
- Special a la carte menu
- A selection of cocktails from the book
- A barrel of Underberg
- Small bites
- Parsons will be on hand pouring samples and signing books
- Click here for more information
Amaro explores the world of bittersweet liqueurs (called amari in Italian) – from familiar favorites like Averna and Fernet-Branca, to the growing category of regional, American-made amaro.
Parsons is the author of Bitters: A Spirited History of a Classic Cure-All, which was the winner of the James Beard and IACP Cookbook Awards.