Some of the biggest names in 90s R&B, Rap, and Hip Hop will perform at the North Charleston Coliseum on Friday, April 28, 2017. The inaugural edition of the "I Love the 90s" Tour visits the Lowcountry on that date and is scheduled to include Vanilla Ice, Salt-N-Pepa with Spinderella, Color Me Badd, Coolio, Tone Loc, and Young MC.
The groups were responsible for some of the biggest hit songs and albums of the 1990s. Between them, they have sold millions of albums and won numerous awards.
Here's a little refresher on each of the performers
- Vanilla Ice
- His 1990 song "Ice Ice Baby" was the first hip hop single to top the Billboard charts
- His debut album To The Extreme went 7-times Platinum
- Salt N Pepa with Spinderella
- Five-time Grammy Award winners
- Known for hits like “Push It,” "Let's Talk About Sex," "Shoop," and "Whatta Man"
- Color Me Badd
- R&B group best known for songs like "I Wanna Sex You Up," "I Adore Mi Amor," and "All 4 Love"
- Have sold 12 million records worldwide
- Grammy Award Winner (1996 Best Rap Solo Performance for "Gangsta's Paradise)
- Best known for hit songs "Gangsta's Paradise," "Fantastic Voyage," "C U When U Get There," and "1, 2, 3, 4 (Sumpin' New)."
- Tone Loc
- Rapper best known of the songs "Funky Cold Medina" and "Wild Thing"
- Young MC
- Best known for the song "Bust A Move," for which he won a Grammy (Best Rap Performance)
Tickets, which go on sale Friday, December 9th at 10 am, can be purchased online. VIP Meet & Greet packages are also available. The show starts at 7 pm.