“It’s a new year and you want to get fit. Congrats! But what’s the best way to make a lasting impact and make sure you haven’t given up as we enter the second half of January? Let’s explore.
- Keep It Simple and Realistic: A shredded six pack isn’t going to happen for everybody. But making smart eating choices and working out regularly? Anyone can do that. Lose those first few pounds and go from there.
- Social (Media) Support: Got fitness goals or a plan to lose weight? Post’em, snap’em and tweet’em. Accountability is a powerful motivator and nothing spreads the word like social media.
- Give the Changes Some Time: Rome wasn’t built in a day and your new body won’t be either. But stick with it, power through the first few weeks and the results will follow
So what tactical steps should take to make sure your resolution sticks:
- Get a Gym Membership: Sign up and get to work! I have my preference, of course, but talk to gym staff and find the environment that’s right for you.
- Establish any road blocks/obstacles: A weakness for ice cream? A hyper-busy schedule? A lack of workout knowledge? Write down issues that could derail you and talk them through with a professional when you …
- Consult with a Personal Trainer to find your best program: Many fitness providers offer consultations along with new memberships. (At O2 Fitness you get two free design sessions with our staff.) That’s the time to address issues, set baselines and develop goals.
From there you can dial in what level of workout is best for you:
- 1-on-1 Personal Training: This intense structure offers stringent accountability, a customized program and extra motivation.
- Small Group Training: Small-group fitness classes have gained popularity over the years. The experience – and cost – is shared and there’s still the opportunity for individualized instruction and accountability.
- Group Exercise Classes: Many people find that large group classes – like spin – are to their liking. There’s a fun social aspect and the classes (more than 250 each week at O2 Fitness) are led by certified instructors.
No matter how you plan to get fit in 2017, the important thing is that you get moving!”
Piccolo Spoleto Outdoor Art Exhibition Returns to Charleston
The Piccolo Spoleto Outdoor Art Exhibition (PSOAE) will open its 42nd season on Friday, May 28th, running daily through Saturday,...
Point Hope to Host First Free Community Event
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
Spend One Night with Nikki Glaser this October at the Charleston Music Hall
Explore Charleston and Lowcountry Hospitality Association to Host Hospitality & Tourism Hiring Event
Lowcountry Action Committee Co-Sponsors May Program Series #HandsOffEastSide
Wishes in Bloom Invites Community to Unique Culinary Event to Raise Funds for Make-A-Wish
Uncategorized4 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
Resources8 years ago
Do You Speak Charleston? Pronunciation Guide
Resources8 years ago
Charity6 years ago
Charleston Nonprofits & Charities
Uncategorized10 months ago
How to Use Instagram For Your Music Career?
Food6 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks