The event aims to provide a "free and inclusive community event showcasing local wellness resources and talent through interactive exhibits and engaging speakers." Wellness professionals include:
- Sundar Balasubramanian, PHD: MUSC Scientist and author of PranaScience-Decoding Yoga Breathing
- Lyn Talley & Hallie Buchanan: Go Interactive Wellness- Workplace Wellness: Mindfulness Made Simple
- Rebecca Shaw: Owner and Director of Charleston Hypnosis Center
- Dr. Wendy Perrell: CEO of We Empower Consciousness- The Pursuit of Balance & Harmony
- Susan L. Johnson, PhD and Rebecca Blackman: Director of Health Promotion at MUSC and Blackman PR/Marketing: The Business of Fitness: Marketing to Health-Conscious Consumers
- Jean Mazcko: Discover the Chakra System
- Tiffany Jackson, ND: Natural Approaches to Preventing Disease
Event attendees will have the opportunity to connect with holistic practitioners sharing Quantum Healing, sample healthy foods, shop at the event's marketplace and listen to live music. The festival also includes a space for yoga and meditation.
The shops in the Shelmore Village will offer organic wine, beauty tips, healthy food samples, and other wellness experiences for the entire family.
For more details visit http://www.livewellcharleston.com/live-well-family-fest/