Outdoor outfitter Coastal Expeditions is offering two unique events this month to help raise awareness and funding for the Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge’s Sea Turtle Conservancy Program.
They will be working alongside Friends of Coastal South Carolina and the Charleston Library Society to offering the following events - each feature six-time Emmy Award-winning TV show host and South Carolina native Patrick McMillian.
- Patrick McMillian Lecture at the Charleston Library Society
- June 24th from 5 pm to 7 pm
- McMillian will take a look at how we all impact the natural world around us in this engaging lecture entitled “The Work of Human Hands: Shaping Our Landscape Past, Present and Future.”
- The lecture will be followed by a cocktail reception.
- Tickets are $50 per person ($35 with valid student or educator ID) and can be purchased here.
- Bulls Island Exploration with Patrick McMillian
- June 25 (10 am to 1 pm or 11 am to 2:15 pm)
- Guests will depart from Garris Landing in Awendaw aboard Coastal Expeditions’ Bulls Island Ferry
- Attendees will explore Bulls Island with McMillan as their guide
- Opportunity for guests of all ages to see the island through the eyes of a renowned naturalist and get a better understanding of the work that is being done to protect species and habitats in South Carolina
- Tickets are $40/person and can be purchased here.
McMillan is a South Carolina naturalist, botanist, ornithologist, and explorer. He is the director for the South Carolina State Botanical Garden, the Bob Campbell Geology Museum, and the Clemson Experimental Forest. Patrick is the Glenn and Heather Hilliard Professor of Environmental Sustainability at Clemson University, where his is also a faculty member in the Department of Forestry and Environmental Conservation. His show, Expeditions with Patrick McMillan, examines landscapes throughout North and South America-- including Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge.