On Monday, August 21st, the Citadel Mall hosts a free “Official NASA Viewing Location” Eclipse Extravaganza event from 1 pm to 3 pm in the parking area adjacent to Planet Fitness. The event will include children’s activities, food trucks, entertainment, and more, all benefiting Darkness to Light.
Plus, there will be official NASA educational materials, Space Place items, an inflatable hamster ball maze, a dunk dank, and free eclipse glasses (for the first 500 people). Darkness to Light will be the recipient of cash donations from some of the activities.
According to the event organizers, the property location is at 32.8045° N 80.017° W and it will have eclipse totality of 1 minute and 26.8 seconds. They also provided the following details:
- The partial eclipse will begin at 1:16:45 pm, in the southern sky (176º azimuth 69º altitude)
- The total eclipse will begin at 2:46:15 pm, in the SW sky (227º azimuth 62º altitude)
- The maximum point of totality will occur at 2:46:59 pm, in the southwestern sky (227º azimuth 62º altitude)
- The sun will begin to re-emerge at 2:47:42 pm, in the SW sky (227º azimuth 62º altitude)
- The moon will no longer block any portion of the sun by 3:09:52 pm, in the west-southwest sky (227º azimuth 62º altitude)
- The partial eclipse will end at 4:09:51 pm, in the southern sky (176º azimuth 69º altitude)