The Center for Women (C4W) is accepting nominations for "Charleston’s Most Influential Women" through August 20th. C4W celebrates women who passionately advocate for one another and who are dedicated to increasing resources and opportunities for women in our community.
The Center for Women formerly held two award ceremonies, the Annual Be Brave event and the Influential Women in Business Awards. Still wanting to recognize women in the Holy City, the non-profit has decided to combine those efforts into a single award ceremony.
Anyone can visit www.c4women.org and nominate contenders in numerous categories:
- Wrecking Ball Award – breaking the glass ceiling in the corporate world
- Boss Lady Award – entrepreneur who has chosen to be her own boss
- Trailblazer Award – creating a new path for all women
- Queen of Hearts Award – where would this non-profit be without her
- Woman to Watch Award – she is on her way to the stars
- Our Future Award – under 18 years old and claiming her place
Nominations will be reviewed by a planning committee, who will select the recipients. An award ceremony will be held in early fall. More details will be announced at a later date.