I created the "Leftovers" series to ensure I could share as much food and bev news as possible, so here's the latest:
- Caviar & Bananas is partnering with Pure Fluff Co. (all natural, organic cotton candy) to make a prosecco and cotton candy cocktail for the Eclipse. It'll be available Saturday Aug, 19th through the 21st
- Drink Name: Sun & the Moon
- Price: $8
- Prosecco topped with Pure Fluff cotton candy ball. The cotton candy is mixed berry flavor and made with activated charcoal. Once the ball is dropped in the drink, it dissolves and turns it gray (see before & after photos below). The charcoal has a detoxifying affect.
- Additionally, Caviar & Bananas is offering a special Eclipse catering package for those picnicking or hosting parties. It comes with choice of sandwich or salad, one side, and a Black & White cookie. The package also includes Eclipse glasses, a glow in the dark straw, and glow in the dark cup. Orders have to be placed by Friday 8/18 at noon.
- On August 26th, The Alley will live stream the Mayweather/McGregor fight starting at 9 pm. There will be specials on beer and liquor and themed drinks like the "McGregor Bomb" and the "Money Mayweather Bomb." Click here for ticket information.
Coastal Coffee Roasters
will now manage the Corner House Cafe at Summers Corner
(Summerville). The new collaboration enhances Summers Corners' commitment to sourcing local products and ingredients, strengthening local merchants and craftsmen, and growing a strong community. Click here to see the menu.
- BJ’s Wholesale Club announced a $100,000 donation from the BJ’s Charitable Foundation to the Lowcountry Food Bank, a Feeding America member food bank. The donation will help the Lowcountry Food Bank secure, store and distribute fresh, healthy food for the 10 coastal counties of South Carolina.
- On 8/16, Stems & Skins will host a Summer Pop-up Dinner with Chef Reid Henninger. Click here for more info.