On Thursday, September 21st, Patrick Properties Hospitality Group (PPHG) will host eleven celebrated chefs at the historic Lowndes Grove Plantation for a prestigious James Beard Foundation (JBF) Celebrity Chef Tour Dinner.
The event will feature a menu highlighting new flavors rooted in Southern ingredients, including desserts and libations. Organizers said the dinner will highlight chefs and local producers "rewriting the story of classic Southern cuisine."
Participating chefs include:
- Digby Stridiron, host chef, Patrick Properties Hospitality Group (Parcel 32, Charleston)
- Peden Rucker, host chef, Patrick Properties Hospitality Group (Charleston)
- Emily Luchetti, James Beard Award winner, Big Night Restaurant Group: Cavalier, Marlowe, and Park Tavern Restaurants (San Francisco, California)
- Asha Gomez, James Beard-nominated cookbook author, The Third Space (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Mike Lata, James Beard Award winner, FIG and the Ordinary (Charleston)
- Jason Stanhope, James Beard Award winner, FIG (Charleston)
- Julie Grant, Linda Pinckney and Sharon Coakley, James Beard Award winner, Bertha's Kitchen (Charleston)
- Shuai Wang, James Beard Rising Star semi-finalist, Short Grain Food Truck (Charleston)
- Jessica Grossman, pastry chef, Patrick Properties Hospitality Group (Charleston)
Tickets for the dinner, beginning at 6:30 pm. range from $115 to $175 and can be purchased online at jamesbeard.org.
The James Beard Foundation's Celebrity Chef Tour Dinner series brings a taste of what’s happening at the exclusive Beard House in New York City to more than 20 cities across the country each year. The event kicks off with a cocktail reception followed by a one-night-only, multi-course dinner with wine pairings curated by a diverse group of JBF award winners and esteemed Charleston chefs, and ends with a decadent dessert course and Q&A session with the evening's chefs.
Lowndes Grove Plantation is located at 266 St Margaret Street.