- Hopeful designers are encouraged to apply now to compete in the runway shows in historic
- The deadline to apply online is Wednesday, November 1, 2017.
- CFW will provide a platform for select emerging designers to showcase their collections in front of hundreds of fashion gurus and industry professionals.
- The top Emerging Fashion Designer wins an abundant prize package including:
- $10,000 cash prize
- $10,000 online marketing and promotional package from F22 Internet Solutions
- Private lunch and mentor opportunity with an industry leader
- Featured Designer runway show and collection displayed at Charleston Fashion Week ® 2019
- Plus, one Emerging Fashion Designer nightly will be crowned the “People’s Choice Winner” and will receive $250 cash.
- New! The Top Emerging Accessory Designer to win:
- $500 cash prize
- Opportunity to host a trunk show at a Charleston venue
- Featured Accessory Designer display at Charleston Fashion Week ® 2019
- The search is on for male and female models. Hopefuls and veterans alike are invited to apply to model gorgeous garments by emerging designers and nationally renowned labels
- Models work the runway in Marion Square, pop-up events all over the city, and more.
- The deadline to apply is Monday, November 13, 2017
- Model casting auditions will take place the first week in December in Charleston.
- Once selected, models will participate in a two-day workshop with industry professionals in January, rehearse and attend retailer and designer go-sees in February, and must be “on call” during Fashion Week
- Michelle Wood, an experienced international model who works to help mold young professionals’ careers, will coach all selected models
- This year’s Model Search will put even more focus on coaching and development than in years past, making rehearsals more dynamic than ever
- Models also work with former Elite scout and famed agent, Karen Lee Grybowski, who owns the Karen Lee Group and helps the CFW team groom models for successful careers
- Models selected to participate in the event will receive the following:
- An opportunity to be discovered by top scouts and agencies from around the country
- Visibility with local and national fashion industry leaders
- Recognition on the CFW 2018 website
- Invitation to a private model scout and agency meet and greet event during Fashion Week
- One-of- a-kind T-shirt included in registration fee
- Training and development from top industry professionals
- Meanwhile, models may be selected for CFW’s nationwide Rock the Runway Model Search ™ that supports and showcases undiscovered talent.
- The winners will receive a cash prize to further career advancement.
- One male and female model will be named The Agents Choice Top Model for the 2018 Rock the Runway Model Search ™ and will receive:
- $1,000 cash prize
- Mentoring opportunity with Grybowski
- The opportunity to be the People’s Choice Winner and receive $250
Held under the tents in Marion Square and throughout the city, Charleston Fashion Week will once again feature the Holy City’s finest boutiques, emerging designers, and undiscovered models from across the country, as well as the hottest featured designers in the world of fashion.
To stay up to date on Charleston Fashion Week, events and information, head to charlestonfashionweek.com.
Preservation Society will Offer Lineup of Diverse Tours and Events this May
In celebration of National Preservation Month, the Preservation Society of Charleston (PSC) will host a series of in-person and virtual...
Ohm Radio Announces Farewell to Workshop Party
New Nonprofit Addressing Trauma to Host Launch Event on April 18th
Edmund’s Oast and Kings Leaf Cigars Partnering for “The Palmetto Puff” Fuente Cigar Dinner
Hermosa Jewelry and Brown Fox Coffee Partner for April Artisan Market
Annual North Charleston Arts Fest Set for April 28th to May 2nd
Local nonprofit Going Places to Host Charity Gala on May 15th
Uncategorized3 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
Charity6 years ago
Charleston Nonprofits & Charities
Resources8 years ago
Uncategorized9 months ago
How to Use Instagram For Your Music Career?
Events21 hours ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
Food6 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks