The Charleston Comedy Festival has announced Iliza Shlesinger is the latest addition to the event's 2018 lineup. She joins Colin Quinn as one of the festival headliners and will perform on Thursday, January 18th at the Sottile Theatre. Tickets go on sale Wednesday, October 18th at 10 am.
Since winning Last Comic Standing in 2008, Shlesinger has gone on to become of the country's most popular comedians. Her debut one-hour comedy special, War Paint, reached #1 on the iTunes charts and was named one of its Top 10 Albums of 2013. Other career highlights include:
- She headlined the Montreal Just For Laughs Festival and The New York Comedy Festival
- In 2016, she was featured in Elle Magazine’s "Women in Comedy" issue
- Television credits include multiple appearances on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, The Late Late Show with James Corden, The Today Show, as well as hosting 230 episodes for the CBS syndicated show Excused and the TBS show Separation Anxiety
- On May 2nd, she launched Truth & Iliza, a late night talk show on Freeform
- On November 7, 2017, her first book, Girl Logic: The Genius and the Absurdity, will be released
- Her digital scripted series, Forever 31, is currently streaming on ABCd and Hulu and has already been picked up for a second season
Tickets to Shlesinger's Charleston show can be purchased here.
The 2018 Charleston Comedy Festival takes place from January 17th to 20th. The rest of the lineup will be announced at a later date. For more information, visit the official website.