I created the "Leftovers" series to ensure I could share as much food and bev news as possible, so here's the latest:
- On Sunday, October 15th, The Indigo Road hosted its Second Annual Dining for a Cause: A Benefit for Feed the Need. Held in the Cedar Room at the Cigar Factory, Steve Palmer and Jeremiah Bacon along with Charleston Grill general manager and founder of Feed the Need, Mickey Bakst, welcomed nearly 300 Charleston residents and collectively raised more than $400,000 to benefit the local community. The money will benefit those battling with food insecurity. For more information, visit feedtheneedcharleston.org.
- Swig & Swine is offering the best Christmas gift ever for barbecue and booze lovers - a VIP experience at 2018’s Hogs for the Cause event in New Orleans. Swig & Swine is selling two packages for an all-access VIP experience to the annual event - participants will have behind-the-scene access to the weekend’s events in March, while helping to raise funds for childhood cancer research.
The VIP weekend experience includes exclusive event access, lodging for two nights, food and drink, after-hour socials with the pitmasters, and more BBQ than you can imagine. Travel expenses are to be covered by the participating individuals. The cost of the weekend is $5000 per package – each package includes access for two people – and is tax deductible. The deadline to purchase is January 20th.
In addition to the VIP experience package, Swig & Swine is also offering four Pig Pickin’ Holiday Party packages with proceeds benefiting Hogs for the Cause. Each barbecue package includes catering by the Swig & Swine team with enough barbecue, sides, beverages and fun for approximately 100 people. The Pig Pickin’ Holiday Party is $5000 and is tax deductible.
82 Queen is also participating in the fundraising initiative by offering private brunch packages for 18 people. The packages will include a 4-course brunch plus bottomless mimosas and Bloody Mary’s. Packages cost $2500.
Purchases can be made by calling Swig & Swine at 843225-3805 or e-mailing [email protected].
- Local oysters are back in season and available at The Washout every Wednesday night. From 6 pm to 9 pm, enjoy $10 buckets of local oysters along with $2.50 Bud and Bud Light Longnecks. The Washout will also feature live music with Josh Huhgett and Dale Baker starting at 7 pm.
- Twenty Six Divine Tea Room + Private Events is hosting an event for locals on Wednesday, November 15th from 5-8pm. This event will be held every third Wednesday of each month in their private tea room. The entry fee is $15 and includes a wine tasting with pairings to complement holiday foods (bottles also available for purchase), hors d’oeuvres + petite desserts, tea samplings, and Charleston gift selections for purchase. There will also be a featured artist, creator, or author each month that will showcase and sell their work. This month’s featured artist is Naomi Naumann. Her work will be presented on Twenty Six Divine's Instagram (@26divine) leading up to the event. No reservations necessary. Visit www.twentysixdivine.com or call (843) 297-8118 for more information.
- On Friday, November 10th starting at 5 pm, Bohemian Bull will celebrate their 4th anniversary with 1/2 price burgers, $5 pints of beer, live music, and a raffle.
- This month, Shem Creek Bar and Grill is donating $1 from every dessert sold to Prostate Cancer Awareness during the entire month of November. Visit ShemCreekBarandGrill.com for more information.