If you enjoy live local music, then a series debuting this week is just for you. "First Friday"* is a new monthly music showcase that pairs local talent with participating bar and restaurant venues throughout the Charleston area.
The series kicks off this Friday with two participating venues, but hopes to grow into many other locations as the year goes on. This week's locations and artists include:
- Blackwood Smokehouse (90 Folly Rd Blvd.)
- 6 pm to 9 pm - Emily Curtis, a Mt. Pleasant native who likes to mix her music style between country covers and modern pop
- Learn more at www.emcurtismusic.com
- Chill-N-Grill (2810 Ashley Phosphate Rd).
- 8 pm to 11 pm - The Jaykob Kendrick Band, who play a variety of R&B, Pop. and Funk
- Learn more at www.facebook.com/JaykobKendrickBand
Each location will offer food and drink specials for attendees.
First Fridays will be held on the first Friday of every month. The series is put on by MTM Industry, a local music booking agency.
* This event should not be confused with "First Friday Charleston," the networking group that's been around since 2015.