This month, the Charleston Battery will once again host the annual Carolina Challenge Cup (CCC) at MUSC Health Stadium on Daniel Island. This year's event will feature four teams and six matches over three days.
Besides the hometown Battery, three Major League Soccer teams - Atlanta United FC, Columbus Crew SC, and Minnesota United FC - are participating in the 2018 Challenge Cup.
The event will be a great opportunity for Charleston fans to get their first look at the Battery as they take on some top competition. This year's tournament rosters include MLS stars like Miguel Almirón (Atlanta United), Josef Martínez (Atlanta United), Justin Meram (Columbus Crew SC), Ola Kamara (Columbus Crew SC), and Kevin Molino (Minnesota United).
Here is this year's schedule:
Saturday, February 17th
- 5 pm: Columbus Crew vs. Atlanta United
- 7:30 pm: Charleston Battery vs. Minnesota United
Wednesday, February 21st ($1 Beer Night)
- 5 pm: Charleston Battery vs. Columbus Crew
- 7:30 pm: Atlanta United vs. Minnesota United
Saturday, February 24th
- 5 pm: Columbus Crew vs. Minnesota United
- 7:30 pm: Charleston Battery vs. Atlanta United
To purchase tickets, click here.
On an interesting side note, the Carolina Challenge Cup will be broadcast in 29 Caribbean countries. Click here for more info.