The Southeastern Wildlife Exposition (SEWE) is coming to Charleston this weekend and many Holy City restaurants and bars are celebrating with specialty menus, discounts, and fun activities. You can find a list of some of those offerings below:
- Specialty SEWE menu featuring:
- $3 Coors Original cans & Miller High Life bottles
- The Salty Dock Dog Cocktail: Cooper's Craft Bourbon, grapefruit juice, simple syrup, squeeze of lemon, on the rocks with a salted rim - $7
- Alleygator Bites $12.95 (hot sauce & buttermilk marinated gator tail, lightly battered and fried, served with Alley sauce)
- Duck Spring Roll $8.95 (duck confit, shredded cabbage, carrots, served with homemade duck sauce)
- Shrimp & Grit Entrée $12.95 (yellow SC stone ground grit, blackened shrimp, andouille sausage, peppers, onions, okra, butterbeans, and tomato gravy topped with green onion)
- Fish & Chips Entrée $12.95 (buttermilk & hot sauce marinated catfish, cornmeal battered and fried, served with French fries, coleslaw, and tartar sauce)
- The Alley is located at 131 Columbus St.
Bay Street Biergarten
- The 'garten is promoting all things lamb and pig with their gamey Bites & Bier menu that will feature:
- Lamb Burgers - $13
- Lamb Lollipops - 3 for $10
- A special Bacon & Bier pairing where guests can enjoy two slices of cherrywood smoked bacon, applewood smoked bacon, and pig jowl bacon along with four perfectly paired biers
- Bay Street Biergarten is located at 549 E Bay St.
- SEWE inspired menu all weekend long:
- Alligator Corndogs - Served with one claw honey mustard
Bevans Oyster Po' Boy - Fried oysters, house pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, with old bay tartar sauce
$2.50 Miller High Life bottles
On Saturday, February 17th from 10 pm to 1 am, guests can wear their best country get-up for The Brick's Country Night
Live music from Gracious Day
The first 25 people to arrive dressed in their best country outfit will receive a red solo cup that they can fill up with $3 Budlight and $3 well drinks all night
The Brick is located at 24 Ann St.
Tavern & Table
- Rotating menu throughout the weekend with new drinks and dishes featured on the Daily Board
- Guests are encouraged to follow along on their social media as the restaurant reveals dishes each day
- Tavern & Table is located at 100 Church St.
- All throughout SEWE weekend, Burwell's new restaurant Balao will be testing out some new dishes that guests can try at Burwell's bar and lounge area
- Burwell's is located at 14 N Market St.