I created the "Leftovers" series to ensure I could share as much food and bev news as possible, so here's the latest:
- Smoky Oak Taproom will celebrate its ninth anniversary with another installment of its popular Beer-B-Que Bash. This year’s event will include special offerings from Wicked Weed Brewing and Sam Adams.The all-day outdoor bash is family-friendly and includes jump castles, live music from local bands, and a whole hog barbecue with rib plates for $12. Click here for more info.
National Margarita Day is Thursday, February 22nd and SOL Southwest Kitchen & Tequila Bar in Downtown Charleston, Mt. Pleasant and Summerville are celebrating with:
Cash giveaways at all three locations
Live Music from 6 pm to 9 pm
$5 Margarita Specials and more
- Mount Pleasant Mayor Will Haynie has declared February 24th “Lowcountry Parrot Head Day” in honor of the Lowcountry Parrot Head Club’s 14th Annual Mardi Crawl on Shem Creek event.Each year, the event encourages attendees to “party with a purpose,” with the proceeds benefiting several local charities. Over the past 13 years, Mardi Crawl has raised more than $125,000, and this year, the benefiting charities include the Alzheimer’s Association of South Carolina, Pet Helpers, and other local charitable organizations.Click here for more information on this year's Mardi Crawl.
- Downtown hotspot 492 invites you to shake things up with their Service Industry Night MashUp and support Charleston’s One80 Place.On Tuesday, February 27th, Bar Manager Ian Miller and Justin Simko, Husk’s bar manager, will team up to celebrate the unofficial start of the wine and food festival. Come sip and savor with your F&B friends as you enjoy Food and Drink Specials and live music from Zach Quillen.
- Drink specials include $4.92 cocktails and 25% off food for all our industry friends.
- A portion of proceeds will go to One80 Place.
- Festivities start at 7 pm with live music at 8 pm.
- The 6th Annual Oyster Roast & Chili Cook-off Benefiting Florence Crittenton will be held on March 11th at Lowndes Grove. The event offers something for all ages including oysters and catering by Sticky Fingers, a Chili Cook-off, Live Music by The Stilettos, kids activities, and all food, beer and wine is included in your ticket price. All proceeds benefit Florence Crittenton Programs of SC as we continue our mission to offer Hope, Safety and Opportunity to at-risk young women and mothers.