On Friday, April 20th, Lowcountry NORML will sponsor The 420 Rally, a cannabis awareness event, in Marion Square from 1 pm to 5 pm.
Lowcounty NORML is a nonprofit group working toward "the legalization of responsible use of cannabis by adults, and to serve as an advocate for cannabis consumers." The rally will include speakers, a 50/50 raffle, a "pick-a-prize" raffle, and more.
The event schedule is as follows:
- 1 pm to 2:30 pm - Check-in, pick-up t-shirts, rally sign making, mingle
- 2:30 pm to 4 pm - Speakers
- Medical Cannabis - Jill Swing, President of SC Compassionate Care Alliance
- Cannabis and PTSD - Eric Allen, Movement for People's Party, Green Party, Delaware NORML
- The Benefits of Hemp - Lucas Snyder, South Carolina Hemp Farmers Association
- Civil Asset Forfeiture Law Reform - Susan K. Dunn, Legal Director at ACLU, South Carolina
- Decriminalization of Cannabis - TDA, Students for Sensible Drug Policy (SSDP)
- Legalization of Cannabis - Scott Weldon, Lowcountry NORML
- 4 pm to 4:19 pm - Form single file “Line of Compassion” along walkways bordering the park area
- 4:20 pm - Moment of Silent Solidarity
- 4:40 pm to 5 pm - Closing Statements
For more information on the rally, visit the Facebook event page.