On Wednesday, April 25th, Edmund’s Oast will host Champagne producer Etienne Calsac for a dinner in The Bower. The dinner will feature all four wines produced by Calsac, including his rare single parcel Clos des Maladries planted in the Grand Cru village of Avize.
Calsac is a young grower-producer in the Côte des Blancs who revived his grandparents’ domaine. This will be his first visit to Charleston.
The festivities will begin at 6:30 pm with a meet-and-greet featuring passed hors d’oeuvres and glasses of Calsac’s L’Echapée Belle. The seated dinner will begin at 7 pm and will pair three courses from Chef Bob Cook with Calsac’s Les Rocheforts, Rosé de Craie, and his Clos des Maladries. Dessert will be paired with a cocktail from bar director Jayce McConnell.
Tickets are $75, plus tax and gratuity. Seating is extremely limited.
The menu includes:
- Potato chips with salmon roe and soured cream
- Liver parfait with fermented French fries
- Cheese crackers with grape preserves
- Étienne Calsac Les Rocheforts
- Poached Fish with Fruits de Mer
- Étienne Calsac Rosé de Craie
- Roasted Chicken, Warm Potato Salad with Ham & Herbs
- Étienne Calsac Clos des Maladries
- Sour Cherry & Rhubarb Crisp, Creme Fraiche Ice Cream
- French 75 cocktail
To learn more, visit us at http://edmundsoast.com/restaurant/.