For $10, attendees can enjoy all-you-can-eat jerky, vote for the winner, and enjoy live music by Johnny Ace & Sidewalk Zydeco.
Participants jerky will be judged on the following:
- Overall Flavor
- Name Creativity & Relevance
Celebrity guest judges include:
- Emily Hahn - chef of The Getaway
- Bob Cook - chef at Edmund's Oast
- Cole Flodin - has attended each Jerky Off
- Kinsey Giddick - editor of the Charleston City Paper
- Andrew Cebulka - food photographer
- Stephanie Barna - food editor at The Post and Courier
Winners will be announced at 5 pm. Interested in entering your own homemade jerky for the competition? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to participate. A $20 deposit is required to to participate and will be refunded when you drop off your jerky. Participants must supply 2 lbs of jerky, cut into bite sized pieces.
Proceeds from the Jerky Off benefit Lowcountry Local First. Click here for more info.