The Charleston chapter of Les Dames d’Escoffier International (LDEI), a worldwide philanthropic society of professional women leaders in the fields of food, fine beverage and hospitality, presents Family Farm Fest, taking place Sunday, October 7th on Johns Island. Hosted by Joseph Fields Farm from 1 pm to 6 pm, the event will benefit Earth Heart Growers, an organization committed to creating a bridge between schools and the community with local farms, and the LDEI Charleston scholarship program.
“We are so fortunate to live and operate our businesses in a region that celebrates our farming culture,” states Jen Kulick, president of LDEI Charleston and owner of Tattooed Moose. “We look forward to showcasing the Fields family for an afternoon of awesome food and entertainment for all ages.”
Sponsored by Edmunds Oast Exchange, Firefly Distillery, Low Tide Brewing, Le Creuset and Joseph Fields Farm, festivities include:
- Picnic Baskets for two that include charcuterie, chicken salad, pimento cheese, slaw, potato salad, pickles as well as a baguette, butter crackers and for dessert, cookies and brownies. Baskets are prepared by Charleston’s top LDEI chefs from Magnolias, Charleston Grill, Red Orchid, Obstinate Daughter, Salthouse Catering, Tristan Catering + Events and Dolce Bakery. Picnic baskets are $30 each and purchased in advance.
- Hamburgers, hotdogs, BBQ and sides that can be purchased on site
- Bake Sale, featuring delicious treats prepared by LDEI members
- Silent auction for local hotel packages, including passes for tours and attractions, welcome gift bag; art work; cookbooks and more
- Marketplace with vendors such as Charleston Protocol Y’all, Le Creuset, Olinda Olives and Olive Oil, Grey Ghost Bakery, Wildflour Bakery, Christophe Chocolates and Celia’s of Charleston
- Beer, wine and cocktails provided by Low Tide Brewing, Firefly Distillery and Edmunds Oast Exchange
- Live Music
- Children’s entertainment including Earth Heart Growers activities, a jump castle, face painting and balloon artist
Cost is $10 per adult, $5 per child, children under three are free. Picnic baskets are $30 each and available for pre-order. Tickets are available at http://www.ldeicharleston.org/events/family-farm-fest
Tickets for drinks and children’s activities can be purchased on site. Parking is complimentary. Joseph Fields Farm is located at 3129 River Road on Johns Island.
A portion of Les Dames Family Farm Fest event profits benefits Earth Heart Growers and provides scholarships to area women pursuing culinary and hospitality degrees or advanced education in the field. In the past two years, the LDEI Charleston Chapter awarded nearly $30,000 in scholarships.
About Les Dames D’Escoffier
LDEI is an international organization of women leaders who create a supportive culture in their communities to achieve excellence in the food, fine beverage, and hospitality professions. Over 2,200 members in 38 chapters provide leadership, educational opportunities, and host philanthropic events within their communities. Visit LDEI.org or Facebook at Les Dames d’Escoffier Int’l.