Charleston Wine + Food today announced the schedule for its 14th season taking place from March 6th through March 10th, 2019. It’s already time to start choosing which events you want to attend as tickets go on sale Wednesday!
With over 29,000 guests expected to attend the 100+planned events, you’ll want to snap up tickets to the best events sooner rather than later.
The full 2019 festival event schedule is available at charlestonwineandfood.com, and tickets will be available for purchase on August 29th at 8 am.
For those looking for a more personalized and curated experience, tickets can be purchased over the phone or in person at the Charleston Wine + Food office located at 635 Rutledge Avenue, Suite 101 from 8 am – 6 pm. Food trucks will be on-site from 11:30 am to 1:30pm and Charleston Wine + Food will host a pop-up retail shop with select festival merchandise discounted for sale.
There are so many incredible events, but here’s a look at the ten that already have people buzzing (descriptions provided by the festival):
- Hipster Cocktail Party
- “We’re throwing an epic celebration of all things new and unconventional. Yes, there will be a DJ spinning some old-school vinyl. And yes, we will be serving artisanal craft cocktails, avocado toast, craft beer, and plenty of Instagram-worthy dishes to flood your friends’ feeds. Don a fedora, skinny tie, thick-framed glasses, or even a mustache and hop on your unconventional mode of transportation to join us for the most ironic themed event of the festival. This event is hipster for all of us that are not that hip after all.”
- Holi City Shakedown
- “With all its exotic ingredients, unfamiliar dishes, and tongue-tingling flavors, Indian cuisine is the inspiration behind this late night bash. And we’re bringing an extra dash of Holi to the Holy City. Rooted in love expressed through color, this Indian festival unites people together. We’ll pair the vibrant menu + colorful atmosphere with incredible craft cocktails, plenty of cold brew and sultry wine, DJ beats, and as many fun features we can dream up”
- All Hail the Queens
- “It’s safe to say that this dragtastic brunch sashayed its way right into our prideful So, we’re bringing back the ladies of the court for one more strut, this time at the beautiful Lowndes Grove Plantation. Dine among century-old oak trees as the Queens entertain while you sip bubbles and nosh on delectable brunch fare. Strap on your heels + grab your glitter for this mid-morning soiree guaranteed to have you yelling. ‘YASSSS, QUEEN!'”
- “Feed Your” Wellness Series
- “For this hands-on class we are asking you to join us for a full body experience rooted in food, wellness and exercise. Featuring five separate classes, guests will spin, dance, flow, stretch and sweat in a series of high-energy fitness classes led by some of Charleston’s top fitness experts. Following the class you will fuel your body with a bounty of healthy bites and sips.”
- “Featuring some of the most complex + interesting types of wine, this wine-centric event will debunk any misconceptions you may have about blended wines. Grab your glass and get to sippin’ as you peruse a bounty of blends. We’re rounding out the afternoon with on-site wine blending experiences + live fire cooking and an array of delectable food pairings from savory to sweet. Gracefully age from afternoon to evening as your palate delights in the aromas, colors, textures, and finishes that surround you.”
- “They say a picture is worth a thousand words. But what about the reverse? Can one word evoke a thousand images? Join us as we hear a well-rounded cast tell their story as interpreted from just one word – Burned. Each speaker will take the stage and provide the audience with rapid injections of inspiration through visuals + storytelling associated with this one word. The interpretations are endless and we can promise the stories will be ones you don’t want to miss.”
- Gospel Brunch
- “On Sundays in Charleston, we brunch, and what better way to start the final day of Charleston Wine + Food than with a tasty nod to The Holy City’s divine charm + flavor? We’re bringing the southern soul back to this Gospel Brunch, with a sink-your-teeth-in culinary sermon led by a bold choir of Southern chefs who will create a proper Sunday mornin’, family-style feast. No brunch is complete without Bloody Marys, mimosas, and plenty of hand-clappin, foot-tappin’ hymns by a gospel Don your Sunday best and don’t leave your hat at home!”
- Smokin’ In the Boys’ Room
- “Thankfully for us down south, BBQ is having more than a moment. And while the BBQ scene may be known as a boy’s club, women all over the country have been working hard to carve out a place among this smoke-filled industry. For this event we are featuring a ton of ridiculously talented women who are cranking out some top-notch ‘que. With smoky meats, delicious treats and thoughtful beverage pairings, this one is sure to cut through the All hail the queens of ‘que who are spreading the gospel of smoked meat!”
- Corkscrews + Campfires
- “We’re going glamping Charleston Wine + Food style. You may have heard of glamping – the trend that has made camping more accessible to those who think “roughing it” sounds like zero fun. While we aren’t spending the night anywhere – there will be glampsites, there will be live fire cooking, there will be wine, and fun will be had without sacrificing even an ounce of comfort. Imagine picturesque views of Lowcountry scenery as your backdrop as you relax at a luxurious campsite complete with top-notch winemakers + award-winning chefs around a cozy fire. This wine tasting experience will be one for your memory book.”
- Southern Renaissance
- “The South is experiencing the emergence of a new spirit and at this event we are excited to tell the stories of the movers + shakers who are carrying the torch. Inspired by a diversity of flavors, cultures and persons, Southern Renaissance will feature chefs who are pushing the boundaries of what has been called “traditional southern” cuisine, artists whose voices + sounds fill your soul with a spirit that is electrifying, and artisans + makers who are share their talents through bespoke items that are inspired by our landscapes + people. Embark with us on this journey as we introduce you to our south. Change is a comin’.”
Piccolo Spoleto Outdoor Art Exhibition Returns to Charleston
The Piccolo Spoleto Outdoor Art Exhibition (PSOAE) will open its 42nd season on Friday, May 28th, running daily through Saturday,...
Point Hope to Host First Free Community Event
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
Spend One Night with Nikki Glaser this October at the Charleston Music Hall
Explore Charleston and Lowcountry Hospitality Association to Host Hospitality & Tourism Hiring Event
Lowcountry Action Committee Co-Sponsors May Program Series #HandsOffEastSide
Wishes in Bloom Invites Community to Unique Culinary Event to Raise Funds for Make-A-Wish
Uncategorized4 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
Resources8 years ago
Do You Speak Charleston? Pronunciation Guide
Resources8 years ago
Charity6 years ago
Charleston Nonprofits & Charities
Uncategorized10 months ago
How to Use Instagram For Your Music Career?
Food6 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks