The event organizers posted this on Facebook: "Due to Hurricane Florence, we have decided to postpone our event to October 30, 2018. This was a tough decision to make but with our city being shut down for a week, we felt it was wise to postpone the event to give it the focus you, our speakers, and this conversation deserves!
You can get your tickets TODAY using the code "flo" for only $7! Grab a ticket, mark your calendar, and join us on October 30, 2018!"
--Original Post Below--
7 SPEAKERS. 7 MINUTES. ONE TOPIC. That's the plan for "Charleston 7IN7," the first, city-wide event of its kind.
On September 20th, seven local leaders from varying industries will share the Sottile Theatre stage for just 7 minutes each. In this fast-paced event, the speakers will discuss what they think it would take for our city to become united.
The speaker line up is scheduled to include:
- Mayor Tecklenburg - Mayor of Charleston
- Tia Footman-Brewer - South Carolina State Commissioner of Minority Affairs
- Chris Singleton - Pro baseball player/Inspiration Speaker
- Emily Kerr - Charleston Hope Founder and Executive Director
- John Osborne - Founder of Harbor Entrepreneur Center
- Tamika “Mika” Gadsden - Charleston Activist Network
- Brandon Bowers - Lead Pastor of Awaken Church/Founder of Charleston LOVE Week
Early Bird Tickets are on sale for $10 until September 3rd. Tickets increase to $15 after September 3rd. Click here to purchase.
Ticket sales benefit Charleston Hope, a local grassroots non-profit that enhances school climate by building on the strengths of students, teachers, and leaders.
On the night of the event, the lobby opens at 6 pm, while doors open at 6:30 pm.