Local chefs will serve up mushroom-inspired food during the event. Plus, local farmers and foragers will be on hand to share their stories.
The following are expected to participate:
- Travis Grimes of Husk
- Russ Moore of Slightly North of Broad
- Trevor Smith of Harold’s Cabin
- Cameron Wetzler of Roti Rolls
- Nick Wilber of Basic Kitchen
- Michael Zentner of Butcher & Bee Charleston
- Andy McCleod of Dockery's
- Tim Richardson of Hank's Seafood Restaurant
In addition, Cannonborough Beverage Co. will be on site to serve sodas.
That same day, you can attend a lecture at the Culinary Institute of Charleston by mycologist Tradd Cotter at 4:15 pm. Tradd is South Carolina’s leading expert on mushrooms and the founder of Mushroom Mountain, a research facility, lab, and farm in the Upstate. Learn more about Tradd’s lecture and sign up to attend here.
GrowFood Carolina requests that all attendees park in the lots across the street from their 990 Morrison address. There will be a uniformed officer to guide you across the street.
Tickets for the gathering may be purchased here.