The Lowcountry Food Bank will host its 20th annual Chefs' Feast gala on Sunday, February 10th from 6 pm to 8 pm at the Charleston Area Convention Center in North Charleston. The gala will include more than 700 community partners and guests supporting the fight against childhood hunger.
Chefs' Feast is a collaboration between the Lowcountry Food Bank and more than 30 of the community's most popular chefs, who will offer up delectable bites for guests to enjoy. Guests can also indulge in a hosted bar, participate in a live auction, and meet the Lowcountry's own celebrity chefs as they serve up signature dishes.
The chefs who will participate in the Chefs' Feast 2019 include:
- Lead Chef Jacques Larson - The Obstinate Daughter & Wild Olive
- For the second consecutive year, Chef Larson will serve as Chefs' Feast Lead Chef
- Charles Arena -- Acme Lowcountry Kitchen
- Tommy Begnaud -- Butcher and the Boar
- Samantha Blagg -- Magnolias
- Doug Blair -- Cassique @ Kiawah Island Club
- Matt Canter -- The Establishment
- Brandon Carter -- FARM
- Marc Collins -- Circa 1886
- Shaun Connolly -- Josephine Wine Bar
- Emily Cookson -- Lowcountry Food Bank
- Kara Corbelle -- Obstinate Daughter/Beardcats
- Anthony DiBernardo -- Swig & Swine
- Matt Fitzgerald -- The Sanctuary Hotel @ Kiawah Island Resort
- Kelly Franz -- The River Course @ Kiawah Island Club
- Liz Gorman -- Ms. Rose's
- Travis Grimes -- Husk
- Brad Grozis -- Wild Olive
- Mike Harvey -- Jalisco's Taqueria & Tequila
- Drew Hedlund -- Fleet Landing
- Heather Hutton -- Edmund's Oast
- Mark Keiser -- Oak Steakhouse
- Russ Moore -- Slightly North of Broad
- John Ondo -- The Atlantic Room @ Kiawah Island Resort
- David Pell -- The Royal Tern
- Jason Reed -- Florence's
- Tim Richardson -- Hank's Seafood
- Jillian Rowan -- Red Drum
- Peden Rucker -- Patrick Properties & Hospitality Group
- Chris Ryan -- Belmond Charleston Place
- Steve Stone -- 82 Queen
- Shamil Velazquez -- Delaney Oyster House
- Brian Waters -- Saltus River Grill
- Tim Wickey -- KISS Café
- Kelly Wilson/Claire Chapman -- St. Honore Pastry
- John Zucker -- Cru Café and Catering/Purlieu
- Sarah Prezioso -- Darling Oyster
- Chef JC -- The MacIntosh
- Jeremiah Bacon -- The Indigo Road
Chef Robert Carter founded Chefs' Feast in 1999, and the event has become one of Charleston's largest charitable events. First time restaurants this year include Tradd's, and first time participating chefs include Lauren Brower, Liz Gorman, Drew Hedlund, and Michael Holler.
Proceeds from Chefs' Feast benefit the Lowcountry Food Bank childhood hunger programs - Kids Café, BackPack Buddies, School Pantry, and Summer Meals - which alleviate after school, weekend, and summer hunger for children throughout the coastal counties of South Carolina.
Unfortunately, one of five children throughout the Lowcountry experiences food insecurity and hunger. Through support from Chefs' Feast and community partners, the Lowcountry Food Bank served 79,721 meals to children last summer alone. The BackPack Buddies program served 130,876 meals last year. The Kids Café program served 325,838 after-school meals.
Click here to reserve seats, tables, and sponsorships. Chefs' Feast is black tie optional. Fore more information, please call the Lowcountry Food Bank at 843-747-8146.
The Charleston Area Convention Center is located at 5001 Coliseum Drive.