A local casting agency is currently accepting early submissions for those interested in working as paid extras and stand-ins for "The Righteous Gemstones," a new HBO show starring Danny McBride, John Goodman, and Adam DeVine that will be filming in and around Charleston beginning in March. That means YOU could appear on TV!
The half-hour comedy series was created by McBride, who will write, direct, executive produce, and act in the show. The pilot episode was filmed in the Charleston area back in August of last year.
According to Variety, the series will tell the story of "the world famous Gemstone televangelist family, which has a long tradition of deviance, greed, and charitable work, all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ."
Those interested in working as an extra or stand-in MUST include all of the following in their submission to Tona B. Dahlquist Casting:
- Phone number (cell phone is preferred)
- 2 recent photos
- (A body and head shot) attached to e-mail
- Please do not send all information and photo on a sheet
- Photos can be taken with a cell phone
- Photos should have been taken within the past 6 weeks, reflect your current hair cut and color (and facial hair for males)
- No hats, sunglasses or other people should be in the photo
- No filters or photo editing.
- Location (City, State)
- Anyone submitting must be from the filming area or within a short driving distance and willing to work as local non union extra for the area
- Clothing Sizes
- Males - Pant Size (waste & inseam), Jacket Size (example 44R), Shirt - Neck & Sleeve, Casual Shirt Size (S,M, L, XL), Shoe/Boot
- Females - Measurements (Chest, Waist, Hips), Dress Size, Pants, Shirt, Skirt, Shoe Size
- Description and location of any tattoos or piercings
- Include if you have or do not have an artist release for visible tattoos
- Color, Make, Model, Year of Vehicles you have access to
- Include a vehicle photo if possible
- Include any actual/real Professional Experience (not acting as such) for the following: Police Officer/Detective/Fireman, Military, EMT, Medical/Physician/Nurse, Professional Photographer, Singer/Dancer/Musician, Bartender/Waitress, etc.
You can keep up with the show's future casting needs here.