Veterinary Specialty Care in Mt. Pleasant will be one of seven animal emergency rooms and services featured in Nat Geo WILD's Animal ER Live, a four-week, live event series from the creators of Live PD. The show will air Saturday and Sunday nights at 9 pm, premiering on Saturday, March 30th.
Based out of a studio in New York City, host Mark Steines, an Emmy Award-winning journalist, will be joined by veterinary experts Dr. Justine Lee and Dr. Will Draper as they guide viewers through the night, giving commentary on what audiences are seeing in real time as cameras bounce to and from the featured animal hospitals and mobile vet emergency units.
Each episode of Animal ER Live will trail teams of emergency veterinarians and specialists as they work tirelessly through the night to save the lives of our pets from coast to coast, giving viewers insight into the extraordinary and unpredictable world of urgent animal care. The series will also follow a wide range of touching cases in emergency rooms and waiting rooms, and accompany on-call vets to homes and farms to treat animals that are too sick or too big to travel.
You can see a preview for the show below.
Animal ER Live will feature animal emergency rooms and mobile clinics from around the country, including:
- Angell Animal Medical Center - Boston, Massachusetts
- DoveLewis Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Hospital - Portland, Oregon
- Animal Care Center EMERGENCY - Plainfield, Illinois
- Best Friends Animal Society - Kanab, Utah
- Mendocino Equine and Livestock - Fort Bragg, California
- Waller Equine Hospital - Waller, Texas
- Veterinary Specialty Care - Charleston, South Carolina
Veterinary Specialty Care is located at 985 Johnnie Dodds Blvd. in Mount Pleasant. They also have a facility at 3163 West Montague Ave. in