AVL Beer Week 2019 will be held May 24th through June 1st, offering dozens of craft beer-related events around the Greater Asheville Area. Now in its 8th year, AVL Beer Week has grown into the largest annual celebration of craft beer's impact in Western North Carolina. A project in collaboration with the Asheville Brewers Alliance, AVL Beer Week brings together industry, innovation, education, and culture into an inspired series of beer, food, music, and outdoor events.
This year’s nine-day celebration features a theme of “Crafted Community” since Asheville has earned its reputation as a welcoming mountain town that embraces multi-culturalism and diversity of experience – and those values are consistently reflected in the local beer community. Throughout the week, locals and visitors alike will find literal common ground at Asheville-area breweries large and small, urban and neighborhood-centric, family-friendly and dog-friendly.
AVL Beer Week aims to explore inclusivity in a more conceptual sense, also, drawing inspiration from artisanal disciplines across the region. The week will reveal creativity and innovation where craft beer intersects with wine and spirits, kombucha and cider, a thriving local coffee scene, and some of Asheville’s finest culinary, music, and outdoor cultures. In turn, the goodwill heaped upon Asheville’s craft beer industry will be reciprocated through support of local producers and non-profits, benefiting the local economy and lifting up those in need.
For the first time in 2019, the Asheville Beer Expo moves to Beer Week. This 3-day series of rotating classes will gather thought-leaders to provide industry-focused educational content. Then the week culminates in Beer City Festival’s 10th Anniversary Celebration, held at Roger McGuire Green in Asheville's Pack Square Park on Saturday, June 1, featuring over 30 breweries.
Event highlights include:
- Beer City Festival’s 10th Anniversary Celebration
- AVL Beer Expo Workshops and Panels hosted by the Asheville Brewers Alliance
- White Zombie 5k Fun Run presented by Catawba Brewing
• Beer City Tourists v. West Virginia Power - Thirsty Thursday Baseball Game*
- Thirsty Monk’s Not So Big BIG Beer Festival
- White Labs’ Fermentation Festival
- ArborEvenings at the North Carolina Arboretum
• Crawfish Boil with Sierra Nevada at the Grey Eagle
• Zebulon Historical Beer Tap Takeover 1910 with Ron Pattinson
- Ben’s Sake Fest
* Highland Brewing’s Leah Wong Ashburn throws out the first pitch.
Keep up with announcements about daily events and sponsors in the weeks ahead at avlbeerweek.com.