The tour travels to towns and cities around the country bringing the famous Beard House experience to guests, media, and fans.
The dinners replicate the Beard House dinners and help raise awareness about James Beard and the work of the James Beard Foundation. Since its inception 14 years ago, the Celebrity Chef Tour has helped raise over $1,900,000 for the James Beard Foundation.
The format of the Celebrity Chef Tour dinners is consistent with the dinners at the Beard House in New York's Greenwich Village, with a one-hour reception followed by a five- to seven-course dinner paired with wines.
Participating chefs include:
- Brandon Buck, host chef, Tradd's
- Bob Cook, Edmunds Oast
- Michael Ginor, Hudson Valley Foie Gras (New York)
- Pastry Chef Remy Funfrock, Gabrielle
- Kelly Franz, Magnolias
- Travis Grimes, Husk
- Kevin Johnson. The Grocery
- Ken Vendrinksi, Trattoria Lucca
- Michael Toscano, Le Farfalle
Tickets for the dinner range from $140 to $200 and can be purchased online at jamesbeard.org.
Tradd's is located at 167 E Bay Street.