Martin’s Bar-B-Que Joint, a popular whole hog barbecue restaurant based in West Tennessee, opens its first location in the Charleston area today at 1622 Highland Avenue in James Island. The nationally recognized barbecue restaurant was founded by acclaimed pitmaster and restaurateur Pat Martin.
The family-friendly restaurant will have outdoor seating with a beer garden and views of two block pits smoking fresh hogs each day.
Menu highlights include:
- The signature Whole Hog Barbecue Sandwich topped with slaw (right)
- The Brisket Burger with a custom ground beef patty, melted American cheese, and grilled onions, topped with smoked brisket
- Smoked Wings tossed in Martin’s house-made Alabama White Sauce
- Fried Catfish Tacos with melted jack and cheddar cheese, Mississippi farm raised catfish, pickled jalapeños, topped with slaw and a lime wedge
- Southern-style sides
- Potato Salad
- Cornbread Hoecake
- Dessert offerings
- Mrs. Kitty’s Coconut Cake
- Southern Fried Pie with blackberry filling
You can see the full menu here.
Hours of operation are:
- Sunday to Wednesday - 11 am - 9 pm
- Thursday to Saturday - 11 am - 10 pm
To learn more, visit the official website.